There are schools offering small business classes in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Entrepreneurship Programs in South Carolina
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of South Carolina receive entrepreneurship degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 19 small business professionals graduate from South Carolina's 6 small business schools.
The top-ranked school in South Carolina with a small business program is Piedmont Technical College, which is located in Greenwood. In 2010, it was ranked 89th nationwide. no students graduated with a degree in small business from Piedmont Technical College in 2010. Students at Piedmont Technical College paid $3,662 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a small business program is Horry-Georgetown Technical College. Horry-Georgetown Technical College, which was ranked 90th in the country in 2010, is located in Conway. 4 students graduated with degree in small business from Horry-Georgetown Technical College in 2010. The tuition rate at Horry-Georgetown Technical College was $3,446 per year.
Greenville Technical College, which is located in Greenville, is the third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a small business program. It received a ranking of 90th in the country in 2010. Students at Greenville Technical College paid $3,636 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a South Carolina small business school, average tuition will be $4,649 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,422 per year to $10,200 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at South Carolina small business schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Phoenix-Columbia Campus - located in Columbia, students are charged $10,200 per year
- Piedmont Technical College - located in Greenwood, students are charged $3,662 per year
- Greenville Technical College - located in Greenville, students are charged $3,636 per year
The small business schools in South Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Florence-Darlington Technical College - located in Florence, students are charged $3,422 per year
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College - located in Conway, students are charged $3,446 per year
- Trident Technical College - located in Charleston, students are charged $3,530 per year
A small business degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
In South Carolina, the largest numbers of small business professional work in the following counties:
- Greenville County - 3,850 small business professionals
- Berkeley County - 3,750 small business professionals
- Calhoun County - 3,710 small business professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of small business professionals is expected to shrink by -1% by 2018. There are projected to be 25,470 small business professionals working in the South Carolina then.
small business professionals in South Carolina make an average of $104,790 per year. However, this number is only an average. Small business professional in South Carolina had varying salaries from $36,800 to $165,610 per year in 2010. On average small business professional earn the most in the following South Carolina counties:
- Greenville County - $117,670 per year
- Calhoun County - $109,310 per year
- Berkeley County - $107,590 per year
Small business professionals in the following counties in South Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Horry County - $82,270 per year
- Sumter County - $87,930 per year
- Chesterfield County - $91,240 per year
The small business professionals with highest average salaries in South Carolina were:
- Chief Operating Officer - $104,790 per year
The small business professionals with lowest average salaries in South Carolina were:
- Chief Operating Officer - $104,790 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in entrepreneurship and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or marketing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Entrepreneurship in South Carolina
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship in South Carolina
Curious what studying Small Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||20,680||$104,790||-30.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are small business related jobs in South Carolina