There are schools offering sports medicine degrees in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Sports Medicine Programs in South Carolina
Each year, approximately 0.0% of South Carolina graduates receive degrees in sports medicine. In other words, every year an estimated 42 sports medicine professionals graduate from South Carolina's 6 sports medicine schools.
The top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a sports medicine program is College of Charleston. College of Charleston, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Charleston. In 2010, 5 students graduated from College of Charleston's sports medicine program. The tuition rate at College of Charleston was $10,314 per year.
The second-ranked school in South Carolina with a sports medicine program is Winthrop University, which is located in Rock Hill. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. In 2010, Winthrop University graduated 4 students from its sports medicine program. The tuition rate at Winthrop University was $12,176 per year.
Lander University, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a sports medicine program. It is located in Greenwood. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Lander University sports medicine program. Lander University charged in-state students $9,154 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a South Carolina sports medicine school, average tuition will be $16,246 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $9,154 per year to $26,775 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at South Carolina sports medicine schools were charged at the following schools:
- Erskine College and Seminary - located in Due West, students are charged $26,775 per year
- Charleston Southern University - located in Charleston, students are charged $19,854 per year
- Limestone College - located in Gaffney, students are charged $19,200 per year
The following South Carolina sports medicine schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Lander University - located in Greenwood, students are charged $9,154 per year
- College of Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $10,314 per year
- Winthrop University - located in Rock Hill, students are charged $12,176 per year
A sports medicine degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs sports medicine graduates in South Carolina pursue include sports medicine coordinator , physical therapy professor, coach, physical therapist, and physical therapist assistant. South Carolina had 8,900 sports medicine professionals in 2010. 2,120 of these sports medicine professionals were sports medicine physicians, 360 were sports medicine coordinator s, and 660 were physical therapy professors. The following counties have the largest number of South Carolina sports medicine professionals:
- Calhoun County - 1,940 sports medicine professionals
- Berkeley County - 1,440 sports medicine professionals
- Greenville County - 1,250 sports medicine professionals
The government projects that the number of sports medicine professionals in South Carolina will grow by 28%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 7,630 sports medicine professionals working in South Carolina. The greatest growth for sports medicine professional is predicted to be amongst Sports Medicine Coordinator s, who are expected to increase by 31% by 2018.
On average, sports medicine professionals earn a salary of $63,513 per year in South Carolina state. However, South Carolina sports medicine professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,970 per year to more than $132,840 per year in 2010. The counties in South Carolina with the highest average salary for sports medicine professionals are:
- Allendale County - $108,667 per year
- Darlington County - $94,620 per year
- Spartanburg County - $94,028 per year
On average, sports medicine professionals earn the least in the following South Carolina counties:
- Horry County - $51,680 per year
- Chesterfield County - $55,490 per year
- Sumter County - $60,380 per year
The sports medicine professionals with highest average salaries in South Carolina were:
- Sports Medicine Physician - $176,650 per year
- Physical Therapist - $72,370 per year
- Physical Therapist Assistant - $48,480 per year
On average, the lowest paid sports medicine professionals in South Carolina were:
- Sports Medicine Coordinator - $40,570 per year
- Physical Therapy Professor - per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in sports medicine and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Medicine in South Carolina
Curious what studying Sports Medicine gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||2,120||$176,650||44.2%|
|Coaches and Scouts||2,090||$43,010||3.5%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||1,000||$48,480||16.3%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||660||n/a||3.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports medicine related jobs in South Carolina