There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in South Carolina
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of South Carolina receive surgical technology certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 210 surgical technologists graduate from South Carolina's 14 surgical technologist schools.
Miller-Motte Technical College, which is located in Charleston, is the top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 77th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Miller-Motte Technical College's surgical technologist program. Students at Miller-Motte Technical College paid $15,330 per year in tuition fees.
Piedmont Technical College, which was ranked 89th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a surgical technologist program. It is located in Greenwood. 12 students graduated with certificate in surgical technologist from Piedmont Technical College in 2010. Tuition at Piedmont Technical College was $3,662 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a surgical technologist program is Horry-Georgetown Technical College. Horry-Georgetown Technical College, which was ranked 90th in the country in 2010, is located in Conway. 11 students graduated with certificate in surgical technologist from Horry-Georgetown Technical College in 2010. Students at Horry-Georgetown Technical College paid $3,446 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of South Carolina's surgical technologist schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,585 per year, though tuition can range from $32,800 per year to $3,365 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at South Carolina surgical technologist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Virginia College in Charleston - located in Charleston, students are charged $32,800 per year
- Miller-Motte Technical College - located in Charleston, students are charged $15,330 per year
- Virginia College-Greenville - located in Greenville, students are charged $12,400 per year
The following South Carolina surgical technologist schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Tri-County Technical College - located in Pendleton, students are charged $3,365 per year
- Florence-Darlington Technical College - located in Florence, students are charged $3,422 per year
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College - located in Conway, students are charged $3,446 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a South Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from surgical technologist school in South Carolina go on to work as a surgical technologist. 1,770 surgical technologists were working in South Carolina in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of South Carolina surgical technologists:
- Calhoun County - 400 surgical technologists
- Greenville County - 320 surgical technologists
- Darlington County - 260 surgical technologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,240 surgical technologists will be working in South Carolina state. This would require the number of surgical technologists to grow by 30%.
On average, a surgical technologist earns a salary of $35,560 per year in South Carolina state. However, this number is only an average. surgical technologists in South Carolina had varying salaries from $24,490 to $49,230 per year in 2010. On average a surgical technologist earns the most in the following South Carolina counties:
- Darlington County - $36,630 per year
- Calhoun County - $36,220 per year
- Greenville County - $36,050 per year
A surgical technologist in the following counties in South Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Abbeville County - $34,090 per year
- Chesterfield County - $34,260 per year
- Allendale County - $34,780 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in surgical technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in South Carolina
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in South Carolina
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in South Carolina