There are schools offering visual communications degrees in South Carolina!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in South Carolina
Around 0.3% of South Carolina's graduates graduate from visual communications degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 299 visual communications professionals graduate from South Carolina's 17 visual communications schools.
The top-ranked school in South Carolina that has a visual communications program is Clemson University. Clemson University, which was ranked 22nd in the country in 2010, is located in Clemson. 96 students graduated with a degree in visual communications from Clemson University in 2010. Tuition at Clemson University was $11,908 per year.
College of Charleston, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in South Carolina that has a visual communications program. It is located in Charleston. 1 students graduated with degree in visual communications from College of Charleston in 2010. College of Charleston charged in-state students $10,314 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in South Carolina that has a visual communications program is Winthrop University. Winthrop University, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in Rock Hill. In 2010, Winthrop University graduated 3 students from its visual communications programs. Students at Winthrop University paid $12,176 per year in tuition fees.
Visual communications schools in South Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $10,141 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $20,548 per year, or as little as $3,446 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at South Carolina visual communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Coker College - located in Hartsville, students are charged $20,548 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Columbia - located in Columbia, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Greenville - located in Greenville, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at South Carolina visual communications schools were charged at the following schools:
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College - located in Conway, students are charged $3,446 per year
- York Technical College - located in Rock Hill, students are charged $3,490 per year
- Trident Technical College - located in Charleston, students are charged $3,530 per year
A visual communications degree from a South Carolina school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs visual communications graduates in South Carolina pursue include video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. In 2010, there were 2,350 visual communications professional working in South Carolina, including 1,760 graphic designers, 80 video editors, and 430 audio visual technicians. The following counties have the largest number of South Carolina visual communications professionals:
- Calhoun County - 510 visual communications professionals
- Greenville County - 380 visual communications professionals
- Berkeley County - 310 visual communications professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of visual communications professionals in the state of South Carolina will grow to 3,400. This would require a 10% growth in the field.
visual communications professionals in South Carolina earn $35,043 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Visual communications professional in South Carolina had varying salaries from $18,620 to $77,720 per year in 2010. The following counties in South Carolina have the highest average salaries for visual communications professionals:
- Beaufort County - $44,460 per year
- Anderson County - $39,970 per year
- Abbeville County - $39,340 per year
Visual communications professionals in the following counties in South Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Spartanburg County - $35,625 per year
- Calhoun County - $36,485 per year
- Berkeley County - $36,595 per year
The visual communications professionals with highest average salaries in South Carolina were:
- Graphic Designer - $41,330 per year
- Video Editor - $36,830 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $34,800 per year
The visual communications professionals with lowest average salaries in South Carolina were:
- Audio Visual Technician - $34,800 per year
- Artist - $27,210 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional South Carolina statistics regarding a career in visual communications. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in South Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in South Carolina
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in South Carolina
- Certificate in Visual Communications in South Carolina
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||430||$34,800||30.3%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||80||$27,210||14.3%|
|Film and Video Editors||80||$36,830||100.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in South Carolina