There are schools offering accounting degrees in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in South Dakota
The top-ranked school in South Dakota with a accounting program is Augustana College, which is located in Sioux Falls. In 2010, it was ranked 32nd nationwide. In 2010, Augustana College graduated 12 students from its accounting program. Augustana College charged in-state students $25,104 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in South Dakota that has a accounting program is University of South Dakota. University of South Dakota, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in Vermillion. In 2010, 56 students graduated from University of South Dakota accounting program. The tuition rate at University of South Dakota was $6,762 per year.
Mitchell Technical Institute, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in South Dakota that has a accounting program. It is located in Mitchell. 11 students graduated with degree in accounting from Mitchell Technical Institute in 2010. Mitchell Technical Institute charged in-state students $6,550 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a South Dakota accounting school, average tuition will be $9,698 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,396 per year to $25,104 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at South Dakota accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Augustana College - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $25,104 per year
- University of Sioux Falls - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $21,890 per year
- Mount Marty College - located in Yankton, students are charged $19,932 per year
The following South Dakota accounting schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Oglala Lakota College - located in Kyle, students are charged $2,396 per year
- Sinte Gleska University - located in Mission, students are charged $3,154 per year
- Southeast Technical Institute - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $3,606 per year
An accounting degree from a South Dakota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from accounting school in South Dakota go on to work as an accountant. 3,970 accountants were working in South Dakota in 2010. In South Dakota, the largest numbers of accountants work in the following counties:
- Lincoln County - 1,590 accountants
- Beadle County - 1,010 accountants
- Meade County - 510 accountants
On average, an accountant earns a salary of $54,130 per year in South Dakota state. However, South Dakota accountants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $35,260 per year to more than $81,010 per year in 2010. On average an accountant earns the most in the following South Dakota counties:
- Lincoln County - $58,330 per year
- Meade County - $53,550 per year
- Beadle County - $51,600 per year
On average, accountants earns the least in the following South Dakota counties:
- Aurora County - $48,160 per year
- Bennett County - $49,020 per year
- Beadle County - $51,600 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Dakota statistics regarding a career in accounting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in South Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in South Dakota
- Master's Degree in Accounting in South Dakota
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||8,790||$27,490||3.9%|
|Accountants and Auditors||3,970||$54,130||24.8%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||1,550||$25,120||-12.4%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||480||$30,050||4.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in South Dakota