There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in South Dakota
Each year, approximately 0.1% of South Dakota graduates receive certificates in administrative assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 18 administrative assistants graduate from South Dakota's 7 administrative assistant schools.
Mount Marty College, which is located in Yankton, is the top-ranked school in South Dakota that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, no students graduated from Mount Marty College's administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Mount Marty College was $19,932 per year.
The second-ranked school in South Dakota that has a administrative assistant program is Western Dakota Technical Institute. Western Dakota Technical Institute, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in Rapid City. 1 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Western Dakota Technical Institute in 2010. Tuition at Western Dakota Technical Institute was $4,860 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Dakota with a administrative assistant program is Southeast Technical Institute, which is located in Sioux Falls. In 2010, it was ranked 80th nationwide. 6 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Southeast Technical Institute in 2010. Tuition at Southeast Technical Institute was $3,606 per year.
Administrative assistant schools in South Dakota, charge students an average tuition of $8,080 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $19,932 per year, or as little as $2,396 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in South Dakota were:
- Mount Marty College - located in Yankton, students are charged $19,932 per year
- Globe University-Sioux Falls - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $15,660 per year
- Black Hills State University - located in Spearfish, students are charged $6,951 per year
The administrative assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in South Dakota were:
- Oglala Lakota College - located in Kyle, students are charged $2,396 per year
- Sinte Gleska University - located in Mission, students are charged $3,154 per year
- Southeast Technical Institute - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $3,606 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a South Dakota school... what next?
A large number of South Dakota administrative assistant graduates become administrative assistants. South Dakota had 2,470 administrative assistants in 2010. The largest populations of South Dakota administrative assistants are working in the following counties:
- Lincoln County - 980 administrative assistants
- Beadle County - 650 administrative assistants
- Meade County - 290 administrative assistants
An administrative assistant in South Dakota earns $33,200 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. administrative assistants in South Dakota had varying salaries from $25,280 to $43,890 per year in 2010. The following counties in South Dakota have the highest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Lincoln County - $34,330 per year
- Meade County - $33,960 per year
- Bennett County - $32,440 per year
On average, administrative assistants earns the least in the following South Dakota counties:
- Aurora County - $31,620 per year
- Beadle County - $32,030 per year
- Bennett County - $32,440 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Dakota statistics regarding a career in administrative assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in South Dakota
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in South Dakota
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||5,400||$24,260||14.6%|
|Office Clerks, General||3,350||$21,860||-8.2%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||2,470||$33,200||-22.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in South Dakota