There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in South Dakota
Around 0.0% of South Dakota's graduates graduate from bookkeeping certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 5 bookkeeping clerks graduate from South Dakota's 6 bookkeeping schools each year.
National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension, which is located in Ellsworth AFB, is the top-ranked school in South Dakota that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, no students graduated from National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension's bookkeeping program. National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension charged in-state students $6,800 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in South Dakota that has a bookkeeping program is Southeast Technical Institute. Southeast Technical Institute, which was ranked 80th in the country in 2010, is located in Sioux Falls. Tuition at Southeast Technical Institute was $3,606 per year.
Sinte Gleska University, which was ranked 80th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in South Dakota that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Mission. Sinte Gleska University charged in-state students $3,154 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of South Dakota's bookkeeping schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,892 per year, though tuition can range from $12,038 per year to $3,154 per year. The South Dakota bookkeeping schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- National American University-Rapid City - located in Rapid City, students are charged $12,038 per year
- National American University-Sioux Falls - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $11,795 per year
- National American University-Ellsworth AFB Extension - located in Ellsworth AFB, students are charged $6,800 per year
The bookkeeping schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in South Dakota were:
- Sinte Gleska University - located in Mission, students are charged $3,154 per year
- Southeast Technical Institute - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $3,606 per year
- Sisseton Wahpeton College - located in Sisseton, students are charged $3,960 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a South Dakota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from bookkeeping school in South Dakota go on to work as a bookkeeping clerk. 8,790 bookkeeping clerks were working in South Dakota in 2010. The South Dakota counties with the largest populations of bookkeeping clerks are:
- Beadle County - 2,790 bookkeeping clerks
- Lincoln County - 2,550 bookkeeping clerks
- Meade County - 1,500 bookkeeping clerks
A bookkeeping clerk in South Dakota makes an average of $27,490 per year. But, salaries for bookkeeping clerks can vary. In 2010, bookkeeping clerks made as little as less than $18,320 per year or as much as more than $37,590 per year in South Dakota. The counties in South Dakota with the highest average salary for a bookkeeping clerk are:
- Lincoln County - $28,940 per year
- Meade County - $28,320 per year
- Beadle County - $26,540 per year
The following counties in South Dakota have the lowest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Aurora County - $25,870 per year
- Bennett County - $26,320 per year
- Beadle County - $26,540 per year
For more data regarding a career in bookkeeping in South Dakota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in South Dakota
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||8,790||$27,490||3.9%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||1,550||$25,120||-12.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in South Dakota