There are schools offering business degrees in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Business Programs in South Dakota
The top-ranked school in South Dakota that has a business program is Augustana College. Augustana College, which was ranked 32nd in the country in 2010, is located in Sioux Falls. 60 students graduated with a degree in business from Augustana College in 2010. The tuition rate at Augustana College was $25,104 per year.
The second-ranked school in South Dakota that has a business program is University of South Dakota. University of South Dakota, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in Vermillion. In 2010, University of South Dakota graduated 231 students from its business program. The tuition rate at University of South Dakota was $6,762 per year.
The third-ranked school in South Dakota that has a business program is Dakota Wesleyan University. Dakota Wesleyan University, which was ranked 46th in the country in 2010, is located in Mitchell. In 2010, 25 students graduated from Dakota Wesleyan University business program. Students at Dakota Wesleyan University paid $19,850 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at South Dakota's business schools ranges from $25,104 per year to $2,396 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,040 per year. The South Dakota business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Augustana College - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $25,104 per year
- University of Sioux Falls - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $21,890 per year
- Mount Marty College - located in Yankton, students are charged $19,932 per year
The following South Dakota business schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Oglala Lakota College - located in Kyle, students are charged $2,396 per year
- Sinte Gleska University - located in Mission, students are charged $3,154 per year
- Southeast Technical Institute - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $3,606 per year
A business degree from a South Dakota school... what next?
Many South Dakota business graduates become a chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. 14,430 business professionals were working in South Dakota in 2010. Of these, 1,830 were business analysts. In addition, 760 were chief executive officers, and 3,140 were operations managers. The following counties have the largest number of South Dakota business professionals:
- Lincoln County - 5,750 business professionals
- Beadle County - 3,760 business professionals
- Meade County - 1,990 business professionals
On average, business professionals earn $74,361 per year. In 2010, however, some South Dakota business professional earned as little as less than $30,900 per year or as much as more than $165,790 per year. On average business professional earn the most in the following South Dakota counties:
- Lincoln County - $80,936 per year
- Meade County - $78,600 per year
- Beadle County - $73,101 per year
On average, business professionals earn the least in the following South Dakota counties:
- Bennett County - $63,064 per year
- Aurora County - $66,071 per year
- Beadle County - $73,101 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in South Dakota were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $133,650 per year
- Financial Manager - $108,850 per year
- Operations Manager - $105,510 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in South Dakota were:
- Accountant - $54,130 per year
- Cost Estimator - $46,120 per year
For more data regarding a career in business in South Dakota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in South Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in South Dakota
- Master's Degree in Business in South Dakota
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Accountants and Auditors||3,970||$54,130||24.8%|
|General and Operations Managers||3,140||$105,510||0.3%|
|Administrative Services Managers||290||$74,110||20.8%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||230||$66,910||109.1%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||220||$69,010||4.8%|
|Human Resources Managers||170||$82,320|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in South Dakota