There are schools offering education degrees in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Education Programs in South Dakota
Augustana College, which is located in Sioux Falls, is the top-ranked school in South Dakota that has a education program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 55 students graduated from Augustana College's education program. Students at Augustana College paid $25,104 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in South Dakota with a education program is University of South Dakota, which is located in Vermillion. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. In 2010, University of South Dakota graduated 156 students from its education program. Tuition at University of South Dakota was $6,762 per year.
Dakota Wesleyan University, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in South Dakota that has a education program. It is located in Mitchell. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Dakota Wesleyan University education program. Students at Dakota Wesleyan University paid $19,850 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at South Dakota's education schools ranges from $25,104 per year to $2,396 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,983 per year. In 2010, the following South Dakota education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Augustana College - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $25,104 per year
- University of Sioux Falls - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $21,890 per year
- Mount Marty College - located in Yankton, students are charged $19,932 per year
The following South Dakota education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Oglala Lakota College - located in Kyle, students are charged $2,396 per year
- Sinte Gleska University - located in Mission, students are charged $3,154 per year
- Sisseton Wahpeton College - located in Sisseton, students are charged $3,960 per year
An education degree from a South Dakota school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs education graduates in South Dakota pursue include postsecondary vocational teacher, elementary school teacher, business teacher, health specialties teacher, and computer science teacher. 8,490 education professionals were working in South Dakota in 2010. Of these, 260 were instructional coordinators. In addition, 310 were postsecondary vocational teachers, and 4,060 were elementary school teachers. The following counties have the largest number of South Dakota education professionals:
- Beadle County - 2,600 education professionals
- Lincoln County - 2,280 education professionals
- Bennett County - 1,290 education professionals
On average, education professionals earn $51,622 per year. However, South Dakota education professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $22,400 per year to more than $125,180 per year in 2010. On average education professional earn the most in the following South Dakota counties:
- Lincoln County - $50,236 per year
- Meade County - $46,638 per year
- Bennett County - $44,731 per year
The following counties in South Dakota have the lowest average salaries for education professional:
- Aurora County - $40,668 per year
- Beadle County - $42,519 per year
- Bennett County - $44,731 per year
The education professionals with highest average salaries in South Dakota were:
- Computer Science Teacher - $70,700 per year
- Health Specialties Teacher - $69,900 per year
- Business Teacher - $69,010 per year
The education professionals with lowest average salaries in South Dakota were:
- Kindergarten Teacher - $37,250 per year
- Literacy Teacher - $30,700 per year
For more data regarding a career in education in South Dakota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as teaching or elementary education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Education in South Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Education in South Dakota
- Master's Degree in Education in South Dakota
Curious what studying Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||4,060||$39,350||2.3%|
|Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education||2,090||$40,300||-0.5%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||500||$37,250||8.7%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||390||$30,700||39.3%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||310||$46,100||-35.4%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||220||$69,010||4.8%|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||170||$69,900||41.7%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||170||$54,530||6.3%|
|Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary||140||$57,820||16.7%|
|Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary||130||$70,700||8.3%|
|Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School||50||$42,960|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are education related jobs in South Dakota