There are schools offering medical assistant programs in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in South Dakota
Each year, roughly 0.2% of South Dakota students graduate with certificates in medical assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 51 medical assistants graduate from South Dakota's 7 medical assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in South Dakota with a medical assistant program is University of South Dakota, which is located in Vermillion. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. In 2010, 20 students graduated from University of South Dakota's medical assistant program. Students at University of South Dakota paid $6,762 per year in tuition fees.
Lake Area Technical Institute, which is located in Watertown, is the second-ranked school in South Dakota that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. 2 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Lake Area Technical Institute in 2010. Lake Area Technical Institute charged in-state students $5,236 in tuition fees per year.
Mitchell Technical Institute, which is located in Mitchell, is the third-ranked school in South Dakota that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Mitchell Technical Institute graduated 13 students from its medical assistant programs. Tuition at Mitchell Technical Institute was $6,550 per year.
If you choose to attend a South Dakota medical assistant school, average tuition will be $9,428 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,860 per year to $15,660 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at South Dakota medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Globe University-Sioux Falls - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $15,660 per year
- Presentation College - located in Aberdeen, students are charged $15,135 per year
- National American University-Sioux Falls - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $11,795 per year
The medical assistant schools in South Dakota that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Western Dakota Technical Institute - located in Rapid City, students are charged $4,860 per year
- Lake Area Technical Institute - located in Watertown, students are charged $5,236 per year
- Mitchell Technical Institute - located in Mitchell, students are charged $6,550 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a South Dakota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical assistant school in South Dakota go on to work as a medical assistant. 1,060 medical assistants were working in South Dakota in 2010. In South Dakota, the largest numbers of medical assistants work in the following counties:
- Lincoln County - 370 medical assistants
- Beadle County - 310 medical assistants
- Meade County - 200 medical assistants
On average, medical assistants earn $25,130 per year. In 2010, however, some South Dakota medical assistants earned as little as less than $18,880 per year or as much as more than $32,790 per year. The following counties in South Dakota have the highest average salaries for medical assistants:
- Lincoln County - $26,280 per year
- Beadle County - $24,630 per year
- Aurora County - $24,540 per year
A medical assistant in the following counties in South Dakota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bennett County - $23,570 per year
- Meade County - $24,390 per year
- Aurora County - $24,540 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Dakota statistics regarding a career in medical assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in South Dakota
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in South Dakota
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in South Dakota
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in South Dakota