There are schools offering RN programs in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Nursing Programs in South Dakota
Augustana College, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in South Dakota that has a RN program. It is located in Sioux Falls. In 2010, Augustana College graduated 56 students from its RN program. Augustana College charged in-state students $25,104 in tuition fees per year.
University of South Dakota, which was ranked 36th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in South Dakota that has a RN program. It is located in Vermillion. In 2010, University of South Dakota graduated 272 students from its RN program. Students at University of South Dakota paid $6,762 per year in tuition fees.
Dakota Wesleyan University, which is located in Mitchell, is the third-ranked school in South Dakota that has a RN program. It received a ranking of 46th in the country in 2010. 78 students graduated with degree in RN from Dakota Wesleyan University in 2010. The tuition rate at Dakota Wesleyan University was $19,850 per year.
If you choose to attend a South Dakota RN school, average tuition will be $12,342 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,396 per year to $25,104 per year. In 2010, the following South Dakota RN schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Augustana College - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $25,104 per year
- Mount Marty College - located in Yankton, students are charged $19,932 per year
- Dakota Wesleyan University - located in Mitchell, students are charged $19,850 per year
The following South Dakota RN schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Oglala Lakota College - located in Kyle, students are charged $2,396 per year
- Sisseton Wahpeton College - located in Sisseton, students are charged $3,960 per year
- South Dakota State University - located in Brookings, students are charged $6,444 per year
A RN degree from a South Dakota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from RN school in South Dakota go on to work as a registered nurse. 10,690 registered nurses were working in South Dakota in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of South Dakota registered nurses:
- Lincoln County - 4,800 registered nurses
- Beadle County - 2,560 registered nurses
- Meade County - 1,730 registered nurses
On average, a registered nurse earns a salary of $54,730 per year in South Dakota state. However, South Dakota registered nurses earned anywhere in the range from as less than $35,200 per year to more than $75,260 per year in 2010. The following counties in South Dakota have the highest average salaries for registered nurses:
- Meade County - $58,130 per year
- Lincoln County - $56,770 per year
- Bennett County - $55,810 per year
On average, registered nurses earns the least in the following South Dakota counties:
- Aurora County - $48,640 per year
- Beadle County - $50,520 per year
- Bennett County - $55,810 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional South Dakota statistics regarding a career in nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or forensic nursing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing in South Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing in South Dakota
- Master's Degree in Nursing in South Dakota
Curious what studying RN gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are RN related jobs in South Dakota