There are schools offering social work degrees in South Dakota!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in South Dakota
University of Sioux Falls, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in South Dakota that has a social work program. It is located in Sioux Falls. In 2010, University of Sioux Falls graduated 14 students from its social work program. Tuition at University of Sioux Falls was $21,890 per year.
Northern State University, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in South Dakota that has a social work program. It is located in Aberdeen. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Northern State University social work program. The tuition rate at Northern State University was $6,351 per year.
Presentation College, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in South Dakota that has a social work program. It is located in Aberdeen. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Presentation College social work program. Tuition at Presentation College was $15,135 per year.
Social work schools in South Dakota, charge students an average tuition of $10,349 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $21,890 per year, or as little as $2,396 per year. In 2010, the social work schools that charged the highest tuition rates in South Dakota were:
- University of Sioux Falls - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $21,890 per year
- Presentation College - located in Aberdeen, students are charged $15,135 per year
- Kilian Community College - located in Sioux Falls, students are charged $9,372 per year
The following South Dakota social work schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Oglala Lakota College - located in Kyle, students are charged $2,396 per year
- Northern State University - located in Aberdeen, students are charged $6,351 per year
- Black Hills State University - located in Spearfish, students are charged $6,951 per year
A social work degree from a South Dakota school... what next?
A large number of South Dakota social work graduates become social workers. In 2010, there were 490 social workers working in South Dakota. The South Dakota counties with the largest populations of social workers are:
- Beadle County - 180 social workers
- Lincoln County - 160 social workers
- Meade County - 50 social workers
A social worker in South Dakota makes an average of $38,470 per year. In 2010, however, some South Dakota social workers earned as little as less than $23,870 per year or as much as more than $57,710 per year. On average a social worker earns the most in the following South Dakota counties:
- Lincoln County - $43,280 per year
- Meade County - $41,250 per year
- Beadle County - $37,130 per year
A social worker in the following counties in South Dakota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bennett County - $31,690 per year
- Aurora County - $32,570 per year
- Beadle County - $37,130 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional South Dakota statistics regarding a career in social work. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in South Dakota
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in South Dakota
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in South Dakota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||1,380||$36,050||4.5%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||490||$38,470||25.6%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||300||$34,640||7.1%|
|Social Workers, All Other||70||$67,060||133.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in South Dakota