There are schools offering accounting degrees in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Tennessee
Vanderbilt University, which was ranked 11th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a accounting program. It is located in Nashville. 28 students graduated with a degree in accounting from Vanderbilt University in 2010. Vanderbilt University charged in-state students $39,930 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a accounting program is Rhodes College. Rhodes College, which was ranked 26th in the country in 2010, is located in Memphis. 10 students graduated with degree in accounting from Rhodes College in 2010. Students at Rhodes College paid $34,580 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a accounting program is Milligan College. Milligan College, which was ranked 37th in the country in 2010, is located in Milligan College. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Milligan College accounting program. Students at Milligan College paid $23,520 per year in tuition fees.
Accounting schools in Tennessee, charge students an average tuition of $14,262 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,930 per year, or as little as $3,057 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Vanderbilt University - located in Nashville, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Rhodes College - located in Memphis, students are charged $34,580 per year
- Christian Brothers University - located in Memphis, students are charged $24,870 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Nashville State Community College - located in Nashville, students are charged $3,057 per year
- Northeast State Community College - located in Blountville, students are charged $3,114 per year
- Southwest Tennessee Community College - located in Memphis, students are charged $3,117 per year
An accounting degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
A large number of Tennessee accounting graduates become accountants. Tennessee had 15,970 accountants in 2010. The Tennessee counties with the largest populations of accountants are:
- Cannon County - 6,290 accountants
- Crittenden County - 3,240 accountants
- Anderson County - 1,940 accountants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of accountants is expected to grow by 22% by 2018. There are projected to be 21,890 accountants working in the Tennessee then.
An accountant in Tennessee earns $58,770 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. accountants in Tennessee had varying salaries from $27,220 to $90,950 per year in 2010. The counties in Tennessee with the highest average salary for an accountant are:
- Crittenden County - $62,180 per year
- Cannon County - $59,830 per year
- Anderson County - $59,240 per year
An accountant in the following counties in Tennessee make the lowest salaries on average:
- Benton County - $50,480 per year
- Carter County - $51,170 per year
- Grainger County - $52,690 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in accounting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Tennessee
- Certificate in Accounting in Tennessee
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||27,240||$32,150||-19.3%|
|Accountants and Auditors||15,970||$58,770||12.3%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||9,750||$30,820||-6.1%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||3,620||$34,560||-37.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Tennessee