There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Tennessee
Each year, roughly 0.9% of Tennessee students graduate with certificates in administrative assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 1,264 administrative assistants graduate from Tennessee's 39 administrative assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Tennessee with a administrative assistant program is Tennessee Technology Center at Paris, which is located in Paris. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. In 2010, 49 students graduated from Tennessee Technology Center at Paris' administrative assistant program.
West Tennessee Business College, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Jackson. 8 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from West Tennessee Business College in 2010.
Tennessee Technology Center at Murfreesboro, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Murfreesboro. 39 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from Tennessee Technology Center at Murfreesboro in 2010. Tennessee Technology Center at Murfreesboro charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Tennessee administrative assistant school, average tuition will be $1,954 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,057 per year to $16,500 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee administrative assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- South College - located in Knoxville, students are charged $16,500 per year
- Virginia College-School of Business and Health - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $16,500 per year
- National College of Business and Technology-Nashville - located in Nashville, students are charged $9,049 per year
The administrative assistant schools in Tennessee that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Nashville State Community College - located in Nashville, students are charged $3,057 per year
- Cleveland State Community College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Walters State Community College - located in Morristown, students are charged $3,101 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Tennessee go on to work as an administrative assistant. If you decide to work as an administrative assistant in Tennessee, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 19,570 Tennessee administrative assistants as of 2010. In Tennessee, the largest numbers of administrative assistants work in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 7,380 administrative assistants
- Crittenden County - 3,870 administrative assistants
- Anderson County - 2,080 administrative assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of administrative assistants is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 32,740 administrative assistants working in the Tennessee then.
On average, administrative assistants earn $38,250 per year. In 2010, however, some Tennessee administrative assistants earned as little as less than $18,250 per year or as much as more than $55,770 per year. The following counties in Tennessee have the highest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Crittenden County - $41,370 per year
- Cannon County - $39,910 per year
- Anderson County - $37,560 per year
The following counties in Tennessee have the lowest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Bedford County - $31,370 per year
- Christian County - $32,620 per year
- Benton County - $33,450 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Tennessee
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Tennessee
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||63,470||$27,590||16.1%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||35,870||$28,580||18.9%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||19,570||$38,250||-31.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Tennessee