There are schools offering advertising programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Advertising Programs in Tennessee
The University of Tennessee, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a advertising program. It is located in Knoxville. 107 students graduated with a degree in advertising from The University of Tennessee in 2010. Tuition at The University of Tennessee was $7,382 per year.
Belmont University, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a advertising program. It is located in Nashville. In 2010, 24 students graduated from Belmont University advertising program. Belmont University charged in-state students $23,680 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee with a advertising program is Union University, which is located in Jackson. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Union University advertising program. Students at Union University paid $22,390 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Tennessee's advertising schools ranges from $23,680 per year to $7,382 per year. But, the average tuition is $17,906 per year. In 2010, the advertising schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Belmont University - located in Nashville, students are charged $23,680 per year
- Union University - located in Jackson, students are charged $22,390 per year
- Lipscomb University - located in Nashville, students are charged $21,790 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee advertising schools were charged at the following schools:
- The University of Tennessee - located in Knoxville, students are charged $7,382 per year
- Lee University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $12,220 per year
- Freed-Hardeman University - located in Henderson, students are charged $15,922 per year
An advertising degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
The highest percentage of advertising graduates in Tennessee pursue careers as an advertiser. Tennessee had 1,700 advertisers in 2010. In Tennessee, the largest numbers of advertisers work in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 440 advertisers
- Anderson County - 260 advertisers
- Crittenden County - 220 advertisers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,400 advertisers will be working in Tennessee state. This would require the number of advertisers to grow by 6%.
An advertiser in Tennessee makes an average of $39,390 per year. In 2010, however, some Tennessee advertisers earned as little as less than $15,630 per year or as much as more than $93,360 per year. On average an advertiser earns the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Catoosa County - $50,140 per year
- Cannon County - $49,000 per year
- Grainger County - $43,100 per year
The following counties in Tennessee have the lowest average salaries for advertisers:
- Bedford County - $27,210 per year
- Benton County - $28,310 per year
- Campbell County - $31,750 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in advertising. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or small business.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising in Tennessee
Curious what studying Advertising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||1,700||$39,390||-28.9%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||970||$75,190||49.2%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||630||$63,340||-55.3%|
|Writers and Authors||620||$39,210||-27.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are advertising related jobs in Tennessee