There are schools offering beauty programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in Tennessee
Volunteer Beauty Inc, which is located in Nashville, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a beauty program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. 15 students graduated with a certificate in beauty from Volunteer Beauty Inc in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee with a beauty program is Mr Waynes School of Unisex Hair Design, which is located in Cookeville. In 2010, it was ranked 65th nationwide. In 2010, Mr Waynes School of Unisex Hair Design graduated 24 students from its beauty program.
Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology LLC, which is located in Memphis, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a beauty program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 60 students graduated from Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology LLC beauty program. Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology LLC charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Tennessee's beauty schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,031 per year, though tuition can range from $16,500 per year to $9,712 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee beauty schools were charged at the following schools:
- Virginia College-School of Business and Health - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $16,500 per year
- Remington College-Memphis Campus - located in Memphis, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Remington College-Nashville Campus - located in Nashville, students are charged $14,745 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee beauty schools were charged at the following schools:
- Miller-Motte Technical College - located in Clarksville, students are charged $9,712 per year
- Vatterott Career College - located in Memphis, students are charged $9,850 per year
- Miller-Motte Technical College-Chattanooga - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $10,080 per year
A beauty certificate from a Tennessee school... what next?
Many Tennessee beauty graduates become a esthetician, cosmetology instructor, and salon manager. 9,410 beauty professionals were working in Tennessee in 2010. Of these, 5,680 were hairdressers. In addition, 320 were estheticians, and 1,740 were cosmetology instructors. The following counties have the largest number of Tennessee beauty professionals:
- Cannon County - 2,890 beauty professionals
- Crittenden County - 2,240 beauty professionals
- Anderson County - 1,530 beauty professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of beauty professionals is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 14,490 beauty professionals working in Tennessee then. Of these 14,490 beauty professionals, the government predicts that 10,540 will be hairdressers, 520 will be estheticians, and an unknown number will be cosmetology instructors.
beauty professionals in Tennessee make an average of $31,880 per year. But, salaries for beauty professional can vary. In 2010, beauty professional made as little as less than $15,400 per year or as much as more than $86,160 per year in Tennessee. The following counties in Tennessee have the highest average salaries for beauty professionals:
- Hawkins County - $35,943 per year
- Cannon County - $35,433 per year
- Grainger County - $33,860 per year
The following counties in Tennessee have the lowest average salaries for beauty professional:
- Chester County - $19,930 per year
- Carter County - $22,710 per year
- Christian County - $23,420 per year
The beauty professionals with highest average salaries in Tennessee were:
- Cosmetology Instructor - $42,240 per year
- Salon Manager - $31,200 per year
- Esthetician - $28,980 per year
On average, the lowest paid beauty professionals in Tennessee were:
- Esthetician - $28,980 per year
- Hairdresser - $25,100 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in beauty and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as cosmetology or fashion.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Beauty in Tennessee
- Certificate in Beauty in Tennessee
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||5,680||$25,100||3.1%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||1,740||$42,240||11.5%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||1,670||$31,200||34.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in Tennessee