There are schools offering biochemistry courses in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Biochemistry Programs in Tennessee
Vanderbilt University, which was ranked 11th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a biochemistry program. It is located in Nashville. 10 students graduated with a degree in biochemistry from Vanderbilt University in 2010. Students at Vanderbilt University paid $39,930 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a biochemistry program is Rhodes College. Rhodes College, which was ranked 26th in the country in 2010, is located in Memphis. The tuition rate at Rhodes College was $34,580 per year.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a biochemistry program is Sewanee-The University of the South. Sewanee-The University of the South, which was ranked 26th in the country in 2010, is located in Sewanee. 3 students graduated with degree in biochemistry from Sewanee-The University of the South in 2010. Tuition at Sewanee-The University of the South was $35,862 per year.
Tuition at Tennessee's biochemistry schools ranges from $39,930 per year to $6,298 per year. But, the average tuition is $22,178 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee biochemistry schools were charged at the following schools:
- Vanderbilt University - located in Nashville, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Sewanee-The University of the South - located in Sewanee, students are charged $35,862 per year
- Rhodes College - located in Memphis, students are charged $34,580 per year
The biochemistry schools in Tennessee that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Middle Tennessee State University - located in Murfreesboro, students are charged $6,298 per year
- The University of Tennessee - located in Knoxville, students are charged $7,382 per year
- Lee University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $12,220 per year
A biochemistry degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
A large number of Tennessee biochemistry graduates become biochemists. Tennessee had 40 biochemists in 2010. In Tennessee, the largest numbers of biochemists work in the following counties:
The government projects that the number of biochemists in Tennessee will grow by 18%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 100 biochemists working in Tennessee.
A biochemist in Tennessee earns $100,120 per year on average.
For more data regarding a career in biochemistry in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as biology or chemistry, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Biochemistry in Tennessee
- Doctoral Degree in Biochemistry in Tennessee
Curious what studying Biochemistry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Engineers, All Other||3,200||$82,450||25.0%|
|Biochemists and Biophysicists||40||$100,120||-75.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are biochemistry related jobs in Tennessee