There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Tennessee
Miller-Motte Technical College, which was ranked 78th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Clarksville. 9 students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Miller-Motte Technical College in 2010. Miller-Motte Technical College charged in-state students $9,712 in tuition fees per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Nashville, which is located in Nashville, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 79th in the country in 2010. In 2010, ITT Technical Institute-Nashville graduated 2 students from its bookkeeping program. The tuition rate at ITT Technical Institute-Nashville was $18,048 per year.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a bookkeeping program is Daymar Institute. Daymar Institute, which was ranked 79th in the country in 2010, is located in Clarksville. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Daymar Institute bookkeeping program. Tuition at Daymar Institute was $14,880 per year.
If you choose to attend a Tennessee bookkeeping school, average tuition will be $8,243 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,057 per year to $18,048 per year. The Tennessee bookkeeping schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Nashville - located in Nashville, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Daymar Institute - located in Nashville, students are charged $15,030 per year
- Daymar Institute - located in Clarksville, students are charged $14,880 per year
The bookkeeping schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Nashville State Community College - located in Nashville, students are charged $3,057 per year
- Northeast State Community College - located in Blountville, students are charged $3,114 per year
- Southwest Tennessee Community College - located in Memphis, students are charged $3,117 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Tennessee school... what next?
A large number of Tennessee bookkeeping graduates become bookkeeping clerks. If you decide to work as a bookkeeping clerk in Tennessee, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 27,240 Tennessee bookkeeping clerks as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Tennessee bookkeeping clerks:
- Cannon County - 8,460 bookkeeping clerks
- Crittenden County - 6,000 bookkeeping clerks
- Anderson County - 3,830 bookkeeping clerks
The government projects that by 2018, the number of bookkeeping clerks in the state of Tennessee will grow to 36,290. This would require a 7% growth in the profession.
On average, bookkeeping clerks earn $32,150 per year. However, this number is only an average. bookkeeping clerks in Tennessee had varying salaries from $17,000 to $47,760 per year in 2010. On average a bookkeeping clerk earns the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Crittenden County - $35,440 per year
- Cannon County - $33,350 per year
- Carter County - $32,450 per year
The Tennessee counties with the lowest average salary for bookkeeping clerks are:
- Benton County - $27,240 per year
- Bledsoe County - $27,390 per year
- Campbell County - $27,680 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Bookkeeping in Tennessee
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Tennessee
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||27,240||$32,150||-19.3%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||9,750||$30,820||-6.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Tennessee