There are schools offering business administration degrees in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Tennessee
Around 4.1% of Tennessee's graduates graduate from business administration degree programs every year. Thus, Tennessee's 72 business administration schools put out approximately 6,043 general managers each year.
Vanderbilt University, which was ranked 11th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a business administration program. It is located in Nashville. 221 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Vanderbilt University in 2010. Students at Vanderbilt University paid $39,930 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a business administration program is Rhodes College. Rhodes College, which was ranked 26th in the country in 2010, is located in Memphis. In 2010, 37 students graduated from Rhodes College business administration program. Tuition at Rhodes College was $34,580 per year.
Milligan College, which is located in Milligan College, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 55 students graduated from Milligan College business administration program. Tuition at Milligan College was $23,520 per year.
Tuition at Tennessee's business administration schools ranges from $39,930 per year to $3,057 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,841 per year. In 2010, the following Tennessee business administration schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Vanderbilt University - located in Nashville, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Rhodes College - located in Memphis, students are charged $34,580 per year
- Maryville College - located in Maryville, students are charged $29,473 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Nashville State Community College - located in Nashville, students are charged $3,057 per year
- Columbia State Community College - located in Columbia, students are charged $3,073 per year
- Cleveland State Community College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,101 per year
A business administration degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
A large number of Tennessee business administration graduates become general managers. 36,190 general managers were working in Tennessee in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Tennessee general managers:
- Cannon County - 12,390 general managers
- Crittenden County - 7,590 general managers
- Anderson County - 4,570 general managers
The government projects that the number of general managers in Tennessee will shrink by -4%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 40,110 general managers working in Tennessee.
A general manager in Tennessee earns $92,780 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. general managers in Tennessee had varying salaries from $30,660 to $165,210 per year in 2010. The following counties in Tennessee have the highest average salaries for general managers:
- Cannon County - $101,210 per year
- Crittenden County - $98,760 per year
- Catoosa County - $93,340 per year
On average, general managers earns the least in the following Tennessee counties:
- Campbell County - $71,220 per year
- Bradley County - $71,830 per year
- Bledsoe County - $72,350 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in business administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Tennessee
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Tennessee
- Certificate in Business Administration in Tennessee
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||36,190||$92,780||-29.6%|
|Administrative Services Managers||6,010||$65,190||-22.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Tennessee