There are schools offering business management courses in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Business Management Programs in Tennessee
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Tennessee students graduate with degrees in business management. In other words, every year an estimated 143 business administrators graduate from Tennessee's 20 business management schools.
The top-ranked school in Tennessee with a business management program is Vanderbilt University, which is located in Nashville. In 2010, it was ranked 11th nationwide. no students graduated with a degree in business management from Vanderbilt University in 2010. Students at Vanderbilt University paid $39,930 per year in tuition fees.
Williamson Christian College, which is located in Franklin, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a business management program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Williamson Christian College graduated 9 students from its business management program. Students at Williamson Christian College paid $8,595 per year in tuition fees.
Middle Tennessee State University, which is located in Murfreesboro, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a business management program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Middle Tennessee State University graduated 6 students from its business management programs. Tuition at Middle Tennessee State University was $6,298 per year.
If you choose to attend a Tennessee business management school, average tuition will be $12,348 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,105 per year to $39,930 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee business management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Vanderbilt University - located in Nashville, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Lipscomb University - located in Nashville, students are charged $21,790 per year
- Carson-Newman College - located in Jefferson City, students are charged $20,562 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee business management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Motlow State Community College - located in Tullahoma, students are charged $3,105 per year
- Southwest Tennessee Community College - located in Memphis, students are charged $3,117 per year
- Pellissippi State Community College - located in Knoxville, students are charged $3,130 per year
A business management degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from business management school in Tennessee go on to work as a business administrator. Tennessee had 6,010 business administrators in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Tennessee business administrators:
- Cannon County - 1,960 business administrators
- Crittenden County - 1,380 business administrators
- Anderson County - 920 business administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of business administrators in the state of Tennessee will grow to 7,950. This would require a 10% growth in the profession.
A business administrator in Tennessee earns $65,190 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. business administrators in Tennessee had varying salaries from $19,380 to $119,020 per year in 2010. The counties in Tennessee with the highest average salary for a business administrator are:
- Catoosa County - $79,490 per year
- Cannon County - $68,600 per year
- Hawkins County - $68,180 per year
On average, business administrators earns the least in the following Tennessee counties:
- Campbell County - $41,260 per year
- Bledsoe County - $44,300 per year
- Bradley County - $45,250 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in business management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as healthcare management or construction management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Management in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Business Management in Tennessee
- Certificate in Business Management in Tennessee
Curious what studying Business Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Administrative Services Managers||6,010||$65,190||-22.8%|
|Managers, All Other||5,980||$79,780||18.7%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||630||$63,340||-55.3%|
|Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes||540||$86,420||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business management related jobs in Tennessee