There are schools offering business degrees in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Tennessee
Around 6.8% of Tennessee's graduates graduate from business degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 9,971 business professionals graduate from Tennessee's 81 business schools.
Vanderbilt University, which was ranked 11th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a business program. It is located in Nashville. In 2010, Vanderbilt University graduated 292 students from its business program. Tuition at Vanderbilt University was $39,930 per year.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a business program is Rhodes College. Rhodes College, which was ranked 26th in the country in 2010, is located in Memphis. In 2010, 52 students graduated from Rhodes College business program. Rhodes College charged in-state students $34,580 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee with a business program is Sewanee-The University of the South, which is located in Sewanee. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. 26 students graduated with degree in business from Sewanee-The University of the South in 2010. Tuition at Sewanee-The University of the South was $35,862 per year.
If you choose to attend a Tennessee business school, average tuition will be $12,764 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,057 per year to $39,930 per year. In 2010, the following Tennessee business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Vanderbilt University - located in Nashville, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Sewanee-The University of the South - located in Sewanee, students are charged $35,862 per year
- Rhodes College - located in Memphis, students are charged $34,580 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee business schools were charged at the following schools:
- Nashville State Community College - located in Nashville, students are charged $3,057 per year
- Columbia State Community College - located in Columbia, students are charged $3,073 per year
- Walters State Community College - located in Morristown, students are charged $3,101 per year
A business degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst are the professions of choice for a majority of business graduates in Tennessee. If you decide to work as a business professional in Tennessee, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 105,020 Tennessee business professional as of 2010. This number includes 7,270 business analysts, 11,050 chief executive officers, and 36,190 operations managers. The largest populations of Tennessee business professional are working in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 37,350 business professionals
- Crittenden County - 21,370 business professionals
- Anderson County - 13,610 business professionals
The government projects that the number of business professionals in Tennessee will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 123,910 business professionals working in Tennessee. The greatest growth for business professional is predicted to be amongst Financial Examiners, who are expected to increase by 36% by 2018.
On average, business professionals earn $76,175 per year. However, Tennessee business professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,100 per year to more than $165,210 per year in 2010. Business professionals in the following Tennessee counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Crittenden County - $82,845 per year
- Catoosa County - $79,102 per year
- Cannon County - $78,974 per year
Business professionals in the following counties in Tennessee make the lowest salaries on average:
- Campbell County - $61,281 per year
- Benton County - $63,557 per year
- Carter County - $67,553 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Tennessee were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $155,940 per year
- Financial Advisor - $96,390 per year
- Operations Manager - $92,780 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in Tennessee were:
- Loan Officer - $52,600 per year
- Credit Counselor - $35,960 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Business in Tennessee
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Tennessee
- Certificate in Business in Tennessee
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||36,190||$92,780||-29.6%|
|Accountants and Auditors||15,970||$58,770||12.3%|
|Administrative Services Managers||6,010||$65,190||-22.8%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,470||$74,340||27.8%|
|Human Resources Managers||1,030||$89,510|
|Personal Financial Advisors||1,030||$96,390||18.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Tennessee