There are schools offering computer programming courses in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Tennessee
Around 0.0% of Tennessee's graduates graduate from computer programming degree programs every year. That means an estimated 38 computer programmers graduate from Tennessee's 12 computer programming schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a computer programming program is Fountainhead College of Technology. Fountainhead College of Technology, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Knoxville. In 2010, Fountainhead College of Technology graduated 3 students from its computer programming program. Fountainhead College of Technology charged in-state students $17,000 in tuition fees per year.
Southern Adventist University, which is located in Collegedale, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Southern Adventist University computer programming program. Tuition at Southern Adventist University was $17,712 per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Knoxville, which was ranked 72nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a computer programming program. It is located in Knoxville. Students at ITT Technical Institute-Knoxville paid $18,048 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Tennessee's computer programming schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,327 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $3,105 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee computer programming schools were charged at the following schools:
- ITT Technical Institute-Nashville - located in Nashville, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Knoxville - located in Knoxville, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Cordova - located in Memphis, students are charged $18,048 per year
The computer programming schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Motlow State Community College - located in Tullahoma, students are charged $3,105 per year
- Northeast State Community College - located in Blountville, students are charged $3,114 per year
- Southwest Tennessee Community College - located in Memphis, students are charged $3,117 per year
A computer programming degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer programming school in Tennessee go on to work as a computer programmer. 5,330 computer programmers were working in Tennessee in 2010. In Tennessee, the largest numbers of computer programmers work in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 1,790 computer programmers
- Crittenden County - 1,510 computer programmers
- Anderson County - 630 computer programmers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of computer programmers is expected to shrink by -8% by 2018. There are projected to be 6,110 computer programmers working in the Tennessee then.
A computer programmer in Tennessee earns $64,940 per year on average. On average a computer programmer earns the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Bedford County - $74,040 per year
- Bradley County - $71,020 per year
- Crittenden County - $70,470 per year
On average, computer programmers earns the least in the following Tennessee counties:
- Hawkins County - $49,170 per year
- Campbell County - $50,860 per year
- Benton County - $53,100 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in computer programming and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer programming or computer science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Computer Programming in Tennessee
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Tennessee
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||190||$44,530||26.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Tennessee