There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Tennessee
Around 1.6% of Tennessee's graduates graduate from cosmetology certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 2,375 cosmetologists graduate from Tennessee's 56 cosmetology schools.
Volunteer Beauty Inc, which is located in Nashville, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 64th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Volunteer Beauty Inc's cosmetology program.
Mr Waynes School of Unisex Hair Design, which was ranked 65th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a cosmetology program. It is located in Cookeville. In 2010, 24 students graduated from Mr Waynes School of Unisex Hair Design cosmetology program.
Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology LLC, which is located in Memphis, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 60 students graduated from Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology LLC cosmetology program. The tuition rate at Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology LLC was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Tennessee's cosmetology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,031 per year, though tuition can range from $16,500 per year to $9,712 per year. In 2010, the following Tennessee cosmetology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Virginia College-School of Business and Health - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $16,500 per year
- Remington College-Memphis Campus - located in Memphis, students are charged $14,745 per year
- Remington College-Nashville Campus - located in Nashville, students are charged $14,745 per year
The cosmetology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Miller-Motte Technical College - located in Clarksville, students are charged $9,712 per year
- Vatterott Career College - located in Memphis, students are charged $9,850 per year
- Miller-Motte Technical College-Chattanooga - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $10,080 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Tennessee school... what next?
A large number of Tennessee cosmetology graduates become cosmetologists. Tennessee had 5,680 cosmetologists in 2010. In Tennessee, the largest numbers of cosmetologists work in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 1,900 cosmetologists
- Crittenden County - 1,520 cosmetologists
- Anderson County - 1,090 cosmetologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of cosmetologists in the state of Tennessee will grow to 10,540. This would require a 3% growth in the profession.
On average, cosmetologists earn $25,100 per year. But, salaries for cosmetologists can vary. In 2010, cosmetologists made as little as less than $15,400 per year or as much as more than $47,790 per year in Tennessee. On average a cosmetologist earns the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Campbell County - $27,710 per year
- Cannon County - $25,900 per year
- Catoosa County - $25,630 per year
The following counties in Tennessee have the lowest average salaries for cosmetologists:
- Carter County - $19,640 per year
- Chester County - $19,930 per year
- Bledsoe County - $20,170 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in Tennessee
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Tennessee
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||5,680||$25,100||3.1%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||330||$30,740||-17.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Tennessee