There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Tennessee
Approximately 0.4% of graduates in of Tennessee receive dental assisting certificates every year. That means an estimated 603 dental assistants graduate from Tennessee's 16 dental assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Tennessee with a dental assistant program is Concorde Career College, which is located in Memphis. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, Concorde Career College graduated 135 students from its dental assistant program.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a dental assistant program is Tennessee Technology Center at Murfreesboro. Tennessee Technology Center at Murfreesboro, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Murfreesboro. In 2010, Tennessee Technology Center at Murfreesboro graduated 11 students from its dental assistant program.
Tennessee Technology Center at Knoxville, which is located in Knoxville, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a dental assistant program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 24 students graduated from Tennessee Technology Center at Knoxville dental assistant program. Students at Tennessee Technology Center at Knoxville paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Tennessee's dental assistant schools ranges from $15,120 per year to $3,101 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,533 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee dental assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Daymar Institute-Murfreesboro - located in Murfreesboro, students are charged $15,120 per year
- Daymar Institute - located in Nashville, students are charged $15,030 per year
- Daymar Institute - located in Clarksville, students are charged $14,880 per year
The following Tennessee dental assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Volunteer State Community College - located in Gallatin, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Northeast State Community College - located in Blountville, students are charged $3,114 per year
- Chattanooga State Community College - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $3,290 per year
A dental assistant certificate from a Tennessee school... what next?
The highest percentage of dental assistant graduates in Tennessee pursue careers as a dental assistant. In 2010, there were 5,220 dental assistants working in Tennessee. The following counties have the largest number of Tennessee dental assistants:
- Cannon County - 1,320 dental assistants
- Crittenden County - 1,060 dental assistants
- Anderson County - 780 dental assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of dental assistants in the state of Tennessee will grow to 6,590. This would require a 27% growth in the profession.
On average, dental assistants earn $32,530 per year. But, salaries for dental assistants can vary. In 2010, dental assistants made as little as less than $17,310 per year or as much as more than $47,960 per year in Tennessee. On average a dental assistant earns the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Anderson County - $36,520 per year
- Cannon County - $35,890 per year
- Bedford County - $33,040 per year
On average, dental assistants earns the least in the following Tennessee counties:
- Grainger County - $25,540 per year
- Campbell County - $26,180 per year
- Bledsoe County - $26,810 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in dental assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in Tennessee
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Tennessee
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||710||$36,260||-9.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Tennessee