There are schools offering design programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Design Programs in Tennessee
Watkins College of Art Design & Film, which is located in Nashville, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a design program. It received a ranking of 34th in the country in 2010. 26 students graduated with a degree in design from Watkins College of Art Design & Film in 2010. Watkins College of Art Design & Film charged in-state students $15,600 in tuition fees per year.
University of Memphis, which was ranked 40th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a design program. It is located in Memphis. In 2010, University of Memphis graduated 11 students from its design program. University of Memphis charged in-state students $6,780 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a design program is O'More College of Design. O'More College of Design, which was ranked 60th in the country in 2010, is located in Franklin. In 2010, O'More College of Design graduated 27 students from its design programs. Students at O'More College of Design paid $21,900 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Tennessee design school, average tuition will be $12,145 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,057 per year to $23,950 per year. In 2010, the design schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Memphis College of Art - located in Memphis, students are charged $23,950 per year
- Belmont University - located in Nashville, students are charged $23,680 per year
- Union University - located in Jackson, students are charged $22,390 per year
The following Tennessee design schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Nashville State Community College - located in Nashville, students are charged $3,057 per year
- Walters State Community College - located in Morristown, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Southwest Tennessee Community College - located in Memphis, students are charged $3,117 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion design or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in Tennessee
- Certificate in Design in Tennessee
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Designers, All Other||n/a||$34,670|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||430||$56,920||-2.3%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||150||n/a||114.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in Tennessee