There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Tennessee
Each year, roughly 0.4% of Tennessee students graduate with degrees in elementary education. In other words, every year an estimated 575 elementary educators graduate from Tennessee's 28 elementary education schools.
The top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a elementary education program is Vanderbilt University. Vanderbilt University, which was ranked 11th in the country in 2010, is located in Nashville. In 2010, Vanderbilt University graduated 35 students from its elementary education program. Vanderbilt University charged in-state students $39,930 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee with a elementary education program is Martin Methodist College, which is located in Pulaski. In 2010, it was ranked 38th nationwide. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Martin Methodist College elementary education program. Martin Methodist College charged in-state students $19,518 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a elementary education program is Bryan College. Bryan College, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Dayton. 6 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Bryan College in 2010. Bryan College charged in-state students $18,620 in tuition fees per year.
Elementary education schools in Tennessee, charge students an average tuition of $15,653 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,930 per year, or as little as $3,114 per year. The Tennessee elementary education schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Vanderbilt University - located in Nashville, students are charged $39,930 per year
- King College - located in Bristol, students are charged $22,908 per year
- Union University - located in Jackson, students are charged $22,390 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northeast State Community College - located in Blountville, students are charged $3,114 per year
- Tennessee State University - located in Nashville, students are charged $5,704 per year
- East Tennessee State University - located in Johnson City, students are charged $5,823 per year
An elementary education degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
The highest percentage of elementary education graduates in Tennessee pursue careers as an elementary educator. If you decide to work as an elementary educator in Tennessee, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 30,900 Tennessee elementary educators as of 2010. The largest populations of Tennessee elementary educators are working in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 7,860 elementary educators
- Crittenden County - 7,610 elementary educators
- Anderson County - 3,060 elementary educators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of elementary educators in the state of Tennessee will grow to 39,390. This would require a 18% growth in the profession.
On average, elementary educators earn $45,790 per year. But, salaries for elementary educators can vary. In 2010, elementary educators made as little as less than $31,650 per year or as much as more than $61,640 per year in Tennessee. The following counties in Tennessee have the highest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Catoosa County - $49,840 per year
- Crittenden County - $49,570 per year
- Cannon County - $46,010 per year
The following counties in Tennessee have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Benton County - $41,060 per year
- Campbell County - $41,390 per year
- Grainger County - $42,480 per year
For more data regarding a career in elementary education in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Tennessee
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||30,900||$45,790||6.7%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||4,770||$70,730||44.1%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||4,690||$44,760||12.5%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||4,510||$46,240||14.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Tennessee