There are schools offering EMT training in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Tennessee
Each year, approximately 0.5% of Tennessee graduates receive certificates in emergency medical training. Thus, Tennessee's 9 EMT schools put out approximately 688 emergency medical technicians each year.
The top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a EMT program is Walters State Community College. Walters State Community College, which was ranked 82nd in the country in 2010, is located in Morristown. 84 students graduated with a certificate in EMT from Walters State Community College in 2010. Students at Walters State Community College paid $3,101 per year in tuition fees.
Northeast State Community College, which is located in Blountville, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a EMT program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Northeast State Community College EMT program. Tuition at Northeast State Community College was $3,114 per year.
Roane State Community College, which is located in Harriman, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a EMT program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with certificate in EMT from Roane State Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at Roane State Community College was $3,113 per year.
Tuition at Tennessee's EMT schools ranges from $3,290 per year to $3,073 per year. But, the average tuition is $3,134 per year. The Tennessee EMT schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Chattanooga State Community College - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $3,290 per year
- Jackson State Community College - located in Jackson, students are charged $3,193 per year
- Southwest Tennessee Community College - located in Memphis, students are charged $3,117 per year
The following Tennessee EMT schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Columbia State Community College - located in Columbia, students are charged $3,073 per year
- Volunteer State Community College - located in Gallatin, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Cleveland State Community College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,101 per year
An EMT certificate from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from EMT school in Tennessee go on to work as an emergency medical technician. Tennessee had 7,000 emergency medical technicians in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Tennessee emergency medical technicians:
- Cannon County - 1,560 emergency medical technicians
- Crittenden County - 1,320 emergency medical technicians
- Anderson County - 1,120 emergency medical technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,630 emergency medical technicians will be working in Tennessee state. This would require the number of emergency medical technicians to grow by 10%.
An emergency medical technician in Tennessee makes an average of $31,640 per year. However, this number is only an average. emergency medical technicians in Tennessee had varying salaries from $18,010 to $51,490 per year in 2010. An emergency medical technician in the following Tennessee counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Crittenden County - $35,930 per year
- Cannon County - $34,000 per year
- Benton County - $33,550 per year
The Tennessee counties with the lowest average salary for emergency medical technicians are:
- Christian County - $26,260 per year
- Bedford County - $27,010 per year
- Hawkins County - $27,430 per year
For more data regarding a career in emergency medical training in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Tennessee
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Tennessee
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||7,000||$31,640||24.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Tennessee