There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Tennessee
Watkins College of Art Design & Film, which is located in Nashville, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 34th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Watkins College of Art Design & Film graduated 15 students from its graphic design program. Students at Watkins College of Art Design & Film paid $15,600 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a graphic design program is Tennessee Technology Center at Morristown. Tennessee Technology Center at Morristown, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Morristown. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Tennessee Technology Center at Morristown graphic design program.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a graphic design program is Lipscomb University. Lipscomb University, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Nashville. 7 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Lipscomb University in 2010. Tuition at Lipscomb University was $21,790 per year.
If you choose to attend a Tennessee graphic design school, average tuition will be $14,469 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $12,400 per year to $21,790 per year. In 2010, the graphic design schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Lipscomb University - located in Nashville, students are charged $21,790 per year
- Carson-Newman College - located in Jefferson City, students are charged $20,562 per year
- The Art Institute of Tennessee-Nashville - located in Nashville, students are charged $17,546 per year
The graphic design schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Nossi College of Art - located in Madison, students are charged $12,400 per year
- International Academy of Design and Technology - located in Nashville, students are charged $12,975 per year
- Daymar Institute - located in Clarksville, students are charged $14,880 per year
A graphic design degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from graphic design school in Tennessee go on to work as a graphic designer. If you decide to work as a graphic designer in Tennessee, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,970 Tennessee graphic designers as of 2010. In Tennessee, the largest numbers of graphic designers work in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 1,070 graphic designers
- Crittenden County - 550 graphic designers
- Anderson County - 360 graphic designers
The government projects that the number of graphic designers in Tennessee will grow by 7%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,960 graphic designers working in Tennessee.
On average, graphic designers earn $39,350 per year. However, Tennessee graphic designers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,620 per year to more than $109,810 per year in 2010. On average a graphic designer earns the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Crittenden County - $46,000 per year
- Campbell County - $42,370 per year
- Anderson County - $39,870 per year
The following counties in Tennessee have the lowest average salaries for graphic designers:
- Benton County - $25,740 per year
- Grainger County - $27,440 per year
- Hawkins County - $31,370 per year
For more data regarding a career in graphic design in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Tennessee
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Tennessee
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Tennessee