There are schools offering health information programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in Tennessee
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Tennessee receive health information degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 331 health information technicians graduate from Tennessee's 15 health information schools.
Tennessee Technology Center at Harriman, which is located in Harriman, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. 17 students graduated with a degree in health information from Tennessee Technology Center at Harriman in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee with a health information program is Medvance Institute-Cookeville, which is located in Cookeville. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, Medvance Institute-Cookeville graduated 20 students from its health information program.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a health information program is Fountainhead College of Technology. Fountainhead College of Technology, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Knoxville. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Fountainhead College of Technology health information program. Fountainhead College of Technology charged in-state students $17,000 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Tennessee health information school, average tuition will be $4,998 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,057 per year to $17,000 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee health information schools were charged at the following schools:
- Fountainhead College of Technology - located in Knoxville, students are charged $17,000 per year
- University of Phoenix-Chattanooga Campus - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $10,500 per year
- University of Phoenix-Memphis Campus - located in Cordova, students are charged $10,500 per year
The health information schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Nashville State Community College - located in Nashville, students are charged $3,057 per year
- Volunteer State Community College - located in Gallatin, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Walters State Community College - located in Morristown, students are charged $3,101 per year
A health information degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from health information school in Tennessee go on to work as a health information technician. Tennessee had 3,310 health information technicians in 2010. The Tennessee counties with the largest populations of health information technicians are:
- Crittenden County - 840 health information technicians
- Cannon County - 730 health information technicians
- Anderson County - 430 health information technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,510 health information technicians will be working in Tennessee state. This would require the number of health information technicians to grow by 14%.
On average, a health information technician earns a salary of $31,000 per year in Tennessee state. But, salaries for health information technicians can vary. In 2010, health information technicians made as little as less than $16,430 per year or as much as more than $51,680 per year in Tennessee. The following counties in Tennessee have the highest average salaries for health information technicians:
- Cannon County - $34,750 per year
- Catoosa County - $32,540 per year
- Crittenden County - $31,830 per year
The following counties in Tennessee have the lowest average salaries for health information technicians:
- Grainger County - $24,010 per year
- Campbell County - $25,320 per year
- Hawkins County - $26,190 per year
For more data regarding a career in health information in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical coding, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in Tennessee
- Certificate in Health Information in Tennessee
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||3,310||$31,000||11.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in Tennessee