There are schools offering healthcare administration programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Healthcare Administration Programs in Tennessee
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Tennessee receive healthcare administration degrees every year. That means an estimated 298 healthcare administrators graduate from Tennessee's 20 healthcare administration schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a healthcare administration program is Vanderbilt University. Vanderbilt University, which was ranked 11th in the country in 2010, is located in Nashville. In 2010, no students graduated from Vanderbilt University's healthcare administration program. Tuition at Vanderbilt University was $39,930 per year.
The University of Tennessee, which is located in Knoxville, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a healthcare administration program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, The University of Tennessee graduated 13 students from its healthcare administration program. The tuition rate at The University of Tennessee was $7,382 per year.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a healthcare administration program is Concorde Career College. Concorde Career College, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Memphis. In 2010, 156 students graduated from Concorde Career College healthcare administration program. Students at Concorde Career College paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Tennessee's healthcare administration schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $11,169 per year, though tuition can range from $39,930 per year to $3,057 per year. The Tennessee healthcare administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Vanderbilt University - located in Nashville, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Lipscomb University - located in Nashville, students are charged $21,790 per year
- Southern Adventist University - located in Collegedale, students are charged $17,712 per year
The healthcare administration schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Nashville State Community College - located in Nashville, students are charged $3,057 per year
- Tennessee State University - located in Nashville, students are charged $5,704 per year
- East Tennessee State University - located in Johnson City, students are charged $5,823 per year
A healthcare administration degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from healthcare administration school in Tennessee go on to work as a healthcare administrator. In 2010, there were 6,070 healthcare administrators working in Tennessee. The following counties have the largest number of Tennessee healthcare administrators:
- Cannon County - 1,730 healthcare administrators
- Crittenden County - 1,020 healthcare administrators
- Anderson County - 870 healthcare administrators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 8,210 healthcare administrators will be working in Tennessee state. This would require the number of healthcare administrators to grow by 14%.
A healthcare administrator in Tennessee makes an average of $79,040 per year. In 2010, however, some Tennessee healthcare administrators earned as little as less than $39,600 per year or as much as more than $136,390 per year. The following counties in Tennessee have the highest average salaries for healthcare administrators:
- Cannon County - $87,960 per year
- Crittenden County - $82,740 per year
- Hawkins County - $82,180 per year
The following counties in Tennessee have the lowest average salaries for healthcare administrators:
- Chester County - $63,450 per year
- Grainger County - $65,340 per year
- Campbell County - $66,320 per year
For more data regarding a career in healthcare administration in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health information management or health science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration in Tennessee
- Doctoral Degree in Healthcare Administration in Tennessee
- Certificate in Healthcare Administration in Tennessee
Curious what studying Healthcare Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||6,070||$79,040||20.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare administration related jobs in Tennessee