There are schools offering history degrees in Tennessee!
Schools Offering History Programs in Tennessee
The top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a history program is Vanderbilt University. Vanderbilt University, which was ranked 11th in the country in 2010, is located in Nashville. In 2010, Vanderbilt University graduated 70 students from its history program. Students at Vanderbilt University paid $39,930 per year in tuition fees.
Rhodes College, which is located in Memphis, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a history program. It received a ranking of 26th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 39 students graduated from Rhodes College history program. Rhodes College charged in-state students $34,580 in tuition fees per year.
Sewanee-The University of the South, which was ranked 26th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a history program. It is located in Sewanee. 39 students graduated with degree in history from Sewanee-The University of the South in 2010. The tuition rate at Sewanee-The University of the South was $35,862 per year.
Tuition at Tennessee's history schools ranges from $39,930 per year to $5,704 per year. But, the average tuition is $16,614 per year. In 2010, the history schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Vanderbilt University - located in Nashville, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Sewanee-The University of the South - located in Sewanee, students are charged $35,862 per year
- Rhodes College - located in Memphis, students are charged $34,580 per year
The history schools in Tennessee that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Tennessee State University - located in Nashville, students are charged $5,704 per year
- East Tennessee State University - located in Johnson City, students are charged $5,823 per year
- Tennessee Technological University - located in Cookeville, students are charged $5,828 per year
A history degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from history school in Tennessee go on to work as a historian. If you decide to work as a historian in Tennessee, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 60 Tennessee historians as of 2010. The Tennessee counties with the largest populations of historians are:
- Cannon County - 30 historians
On average, a historian earns a salary of $40,610 per year in Tennessee state. But, salaries for historians can vary. In 2010, historians made as little as less than $16,020 per year or as much as more than $58,730 per year in Tennessee. A historian in the following Tennessee counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Cannon County - $42,670 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in history and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as political science or history.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in History in Tennessee
- Doctoral Degree in History in Tennessee
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Tennessee