There are schools offering international business degrees in Tennessee!
Schools Offering International Business Programs in Tennessee
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Tennessee graduates receive degrees in international business. That means an estimated 117 international business professionals graduate from Tennessee's 14 international business schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Tennessee with a international business program is Rhodes College, which is located in Memphis. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. 5 students graduated with a degree in international business from Rhodes College in 2010. The tuition rate at Rhodes College was $34,580 per year.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee with a international business program is Sewanee-The University of the South, which is located in Sewanee. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. In 2010, 26 students graduated from Sewanee-The University of the South international business program. Sewanee-The University of the South charged in-state students $35,862 in tuition fees per year.
University of Memphis, which is located in Memphis, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a international business program. It received a ranking of 40th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 46 students graduated from University of Memphis international business program. University of Memphis charged in-state students $6,780 in tuition fees per year.
International business schools in Tennessee, charge students an average tuition of $22,031 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $35,862 per year, or as little as $6,298 per year. The Tennessee international business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Sewanee-The University of the South - located in Sewanee, students are charged $35,862 per year
- Rhodes College - located in Memphis, students are charged $34,580 per year
- Maryville College - located in Maryville, students are charged $29,473 per year
The international business schools in Tennessee that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Middle Tennessee State University - located in Murfreesboro, students are charged $6,298 per year
- University of Memphis - located in Memphis, students are charged $6,780 per year
- Southern Adventist University - located in Collegedale, students are charged $17,712 per year
An international business degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs international business graduates in Tennessee pursue include chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, international buyer, and wholesale buyer. In 2010, there were 61,860 international business professional working in Tennessee, including 7,270 business analysts, 11,050 chief executive officers, and 36,190 operations managers. The largest populations of Tennessee international business professional are working in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 21,020 international business professionals
- Crittenden County - 12,850 international business professionals
- Anderson County - 8,020 international business professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of international business professionals in the state of Tennessee will shrink to 68,020. This would require a -1% decline in the field.
international business professionals in Tennessee earn $78,253 per year on average. But, salaries for international business professional can vary. In 2010, international business professional made as little as less than $17,100 per year or as much as more than $165,210 per year in Tennessee. The counties in Tennessee with the highest average salary for international business professionals are:
- Cannon County - $92,697 per year
- Anderson County - $91,508 per year
- Christian County - $91,150 per year
On average, international business professionals earn the least in the following Tennessee counties:
- Campbell County - $61,503 per year
- Benton County - $65,365 per year
- Bedford County - $70,655 per year
On average, the highest paid international business professionals in Tennessee were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $155,940 per year
- Operations Manager - $92,780 per year
- Business Analyst - $79,840 per year
The international business professionals with lowest average salaries in Tennessee were:
- Wholesale Buyer - $51,640 per year
- International Buyer - $39,930 per year
For more data regarding a career in international business in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or supply chain management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in International Business in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in International Business in Tennessee
Curious what studying International Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||36,190||$92,780||-29.6%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||4,230||$53,300||-4.3%|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||1,550||$51,640||-15.3%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,470||$74,340||27.8%|
|Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products||100||$39,930||-74.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are international business related jobs in Tennessee