There are schools offering management courses in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Tennessee
The top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a management program is Vanderbilt University. Vanderbilt University, which was ranked 11th in the country in 2010, is located in Nashville. In 2010, Vanderbilt University graduated no students from its management program. The tuition rate at Vanderbilt University was $39,930 per year.
Martin Methodist College, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a management program. It is located in Pulaski. In 2010, 11 students graduated from Martin Methodist College management program. Students at Martin Methodist College paid $19,518 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a management program is University of Memphis. University of Memphis, which was ranked 40th in the country in 2010, is located in Memphis. 101 students graduated with degree in management from University of Memphis in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Memphis was $6,780 per year.
If you choose to attend a Tennessee management school, average tuition will be $13,282 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,057 per year to $39,930 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Vanderbilt University - located in Nashville, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Belmont University - located in Nashville, students are charged $23,680 per year
- King College - located in Bristol, students are charged $22,908 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Nashville State Community College - located in Nashville, students are charged $3,057 per year
- Volunteer State Community College - located in Gallatin, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Motlow State Community College - located in Tullahoma, students are charged $3,105 per year
A management degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
The highest percentage of management graduates in Tennessee pursue careers as a manager. 36,190 managers were working in Tennessee in 2010. The largest populations of Tennessee managers are working in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 12,390 managers
- Crittenden County - 7,590 managers
- Anderson County - 4,570 managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 40,110 managers will be working in Tennessee state. This would require the number of managers to shrink by -4%.
On average, managers earn $92,780 per year. In 2010, however, some Tennessee managers earned as little as less than $30,660 per year or as much as more than $165,210 per year. On average a manager earns the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Cannon County - $101,210 per year
- Crittenden County - $98,760 per year
- Catoosa County - $93,340 per year
The Tennessee counties with the lowest average salary for managers are:
- Campbell County - $71,220 per year
- Bradley County - $71,830 per year
- Bledsoe County - $72,350 per year
For more data regarding a career in management in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Management in Tennessee
- Certificate in Management in Tennessee
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||36,190||$92,780||-29.6%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||27,050||$38,070||5.7%|
|Food Service Managers||7,040||$42,070||23.9%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||6,070||$79,040||20.2%|
|Managers, All Other||5,980||$79,780||18.7%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||3,420||$40,840||12.9%|
|Industrial Production Managers||2,940||$81,440||-14.0%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||970||$75,190||49.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Tennessee