There are schools offering MBA programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Tennessee
The top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a MBA program is Vanderbilt University. Vanderbilt University, which was ranked 11th in the country in 2010, is located in Nashville. In 2010, 221 students graduated from Vanderbilt University's MBA program. The tuition rate at Vanderbilt University was $39,930 per year.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee with a MBA program is Rhodes College, which is located in Memphis. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. In 2010, Rhodes College graduated 37 students from its MBA program. The tuition rate at Rhodes College was $34,580 per year.
Milligan College, which is located in Milligan College, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a MBA program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 55 students graduated from Milligan College MBA program. The tuition rate at Milligan College was $23,520 per year.
If you choose to attend a Tennessee MBA school, average tuition will be $12,571 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,057 per year to $39,930 per year. In 2010, the MBA schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Vanderbilt University - located in Nashville, students are charged $39,930 per year
- Rhodes College - located in Memphis, students are charged $34,580 per year
- Maryville College - located in Maryville, students are charged $29,473 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee MBA schools were charged at the following schools:
- Nashville State Community College - located in Nashville, students are charged $3,057 per year
- Columbia State Community College - located in Columbia, students are charged $3,073 per year
- Volunteer State Community College - located in Gallatin, students are charged $3,101 per year
A MBA degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from MBA school in Tennessee go on to work as a general manager. Tennessee had 36,190 general managers in 2010. The largest populations of Tennessee general managers are working in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 12,390 general managers
- Crittenden County - 7,590 general managers
- Anderson County - 4,570 general managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of general managers is expected to shrink by -4% by 2018. There are projected to be 40,110 general managers working in the Tennessee then.
On average, a general manager earns a salary of $92,780 per year in Tennessee state. However, this number is only an average. general managers in Tennessee had varying salaries from $30,660 to $165,210 per year in 2010. The following counties in Tennessee have the highest average salaries for general managers:
- Cannon County - $101,210 per year
- Crittenden County - $98,760 per year
- Catoosa County - $93,340 per year
A general manager in the following counties in Tennessee make the lowest salaries on average:
- Campbell County - $71,220 per year
- Bradley County - $71,830 per year
- Bledsoe County - $72,350 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in business administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business management or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Tennessee
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Tennessee
- Certificate in Business Administration in Tennessee
Curious what studying MBA gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||36,190||$92,780||-29.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are MBA related jobs in Tennessee