There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Tennessee
Around 1.1% of Tennessee's graduates graduate from medical assisting certificate programs every year. Thus, Tennessee's 23 medical assistant schools put out approximately 1,663 medical assistants each year.
The top-ranked school in Tennessee with a medical assistant program is Concorde Career College, which is located in Memphis. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, Concorde Career College graduated 215 students from its medical assistant program.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a medical assistant program is West Tennessee Business College. West Tennessee Business College, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Jackson. In 2010, West Tennessee Business College graduated 79 students from its medical assistant program.
Tennessee Technology Center at Murfreesboro, which is located in Murfreesboro, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Tennessee Technology Center at Murfreesboro in 2010. Tuition at Tennessee Technology Center at Murfreesboro was $0 per year.
Tuition at Tennessee's medical assistant schools ranges from $18,518 per year to $9,049 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,333 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Trevecca Nazarene University - located in Nashville, students are charged $18,518 per year
- Virginia College-School of Business and Health - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $16,500 per year
- South College - located in Knoxville, students are charged $16,500 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- National College of Business and Technology-Nashville - located in Nashville, students are charged $9,049 per year
- Miller-Motte Technical College - located in Clarksville, students are charged $9,712 per year
- Vatterott Career College-Memphis - located in Memphis, students are charged $10,930 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Tennessee school... what next?
A large number of Tennessee medical assistant graduates become medical assistants. If you decide to work as a medical assistant in Tennessee, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 10,970 Tennessee medical assistants as of 2010. The largest populations of Tennessee medical assistants are working in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 2,510 medical assistants
- Crittenden County - 2,470 medical assistants
- Anderson County - 1,590 medical assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical assistants in the state of Tennessee will grow to 12,960. This would require a 26% growth in the profession.
A medical assistant in Tennessee makes an average of $27,140 per year. In 2010, however, some Tennessee medical assistants earned as little as less than $16,610 per year or as much as more than $37,650 per year. On average a medical assistant earns the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Cannon County - $28,630 per year
- Crittenden County - $27,930 per year
- Carter County - $27,720 per year
The following counties in Tennessee have the lowest average salaries for medical assistants:
- Christian County - $22,970 per year
- Chester County - $22,990 per year
- Benton County - $23,250 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical assisting in Tennessee and to compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Tennessee
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Tennessee
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Tennessee