There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Tennessee
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Tennessee graduates receive degrees in occupational therapy. In other words, every year an estimated 180 occupational therapists graduate from Tennessee's 8 occupational therapy schools.
Milligan College, which was ranked 37th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a occupational therapy program. It is located in Milligan College. 28 students graduated with a degree in occupational therapy from Milligan College in 2010. The tuition rate at Milligan College was $23,520 per year.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee with a occupational therapy program is The University of Tennessee, which is located in Knoxville. In 2010, it was ranked 62nd nationwide. In 2010, The University of Tennessee graduated 30 students from its occupational therapy program. Students at The University of Tennessee paid $7,382 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee with a occupational therapy program is Belmont University, which is located in Nashville. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. In 2010, Belmont University graduated 57 students from its occupational therapy programs. Tuition at Belmont University was $23,680 per year.
If you choose to attend a Tennessee occupational therapy school, average tuition will be $13,245 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,057 per year to $23,680 per year. In 2010, the occupational therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- Belmont University - located in Nashville, students are charged $23,680 per year
- Milligan College - located in Milligan College, students are charged $23,520 per year
- Lipscomb University - located in Nashville, students are charged $21,790 per year
The occupational therapy schools in Tennessee that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Nashville State Community College - located in Nashville, students are charged $3,057 per year
- Roane State Community College - located in Harriman, students are charged $3,113 per year
- Tennessee State University - located in Nashville, students are charged $5,704 per year
An occupational therapy degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from occupational therapy school in Tennessee go on to work as an occupational therapist. 1,900 occupational therapists were working in Tennessee in 2010. In Tennessee, the largest numbers of occupational therapists work in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 590 occupational therapists
- Crittenden County - 330 occupational therapists
- Catoosa County - 300 occupational therapists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 1,680 occupational therapists will be working in Tennessee state. This would require the number of occupational therapists to grow by 17%.
An occupational therapist in Tennessee earns $73,700 per year on average. But, salaries for occupational therapists can vary. In 2010, occupational therapists made as little as less than $30,510 per year or as much as more than $130,290 per year in Tennessee. The counties in Tennessee with the highest average salary for an occupational therapist are:
- Anderson County - $79,810 per year
- Hawkins County - $77,660 per year
- Benton County - $75,690 per year
The Tennessee counties with the lowest average salary for occupational therapists are:
- Chester County - $57,450 per year
- Christian County - $67,700 per year
- Bledsoe County - $69,860 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in occupational therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Tennessee
- Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy in Tennessee
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||840||$49,840||104.9%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||90||$34,230||28.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Tennessee