There are schools offering paralegal programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Tennessee
Daymar Institute-Murfreesboro, which was ranked 73rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a paralegal program. It is located in Murfreesboro. 6 students graduated with a degree in paralegal from Daymar Institute-Murfreesboro in 2010. Daymar Institute-Murfreesboro charged in-state students $15,120 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee with a paralegal program is The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, which is located in Chattanooga. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. In 2010, 20 students graduated from The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga paralegal program. Students at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga paid $6,062 per year in tuition fees.
Miller-Motte Technical College, which was ranked 73rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a paralegal program. It is located in Clarksville. In 2010, Miller-Motte Technical College graduated 2 students from its paralegal programs. The tuition rate at Miller-Motte Technical College was $9,712 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Tennessee's paralegal schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,566 per year, though tuition can range from $18,048 per year to $3,101 per year. In 2010, the paralegal schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Tennessee were:
- ITT Technical Institute-Cordova - located in Memphis, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Knoxville - located in Knoxville, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Chattanooga - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $18,048 per year
The following Tennessee paralegal schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Volunteer State Community College - located in Gallatin, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Roane State Community College - located in Harriman, students are charged $3,113 per year
- Southwest Tennessee Community College - located in Memphis, students are charged $3,117 per year
A paralegal degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paralegal school in Tennessee go on to work as a paralegal. In 2010, there were 4,000 paralegals working in Tennessee. The Tennessee counties with the largest populations of paralegals are:
- Cannon County - 1,200 paralegals
- Crittenden County - 840 paralegals
- Anderson County - 760 paralegals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of paralegals is expected to grow by 20% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,970 paralegals working in the Tennessee then.
A paralegal in Tennessee earns $39,350 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. paralegals in Tennessee had varying salaries from $18,500 to $73,830 per year in 2010. A paralegal in the following Tennessee counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Catoosa County - $46,210 per year
- Hawkins County - $45,020 per year
- Cannon County - $42,280 per year
The Tennessee counties with the lowest average salary for paralegals are:
- Benton County - $29,190 per year
- Campbell County - $30,540 per year
- Chester County - $32,410 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Tennessee
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Tennessee
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||4,000||$39,350||1.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Tennessee