There are schools offering paramedic programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Tennessee
Walters State Community College, which was ranked 82nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a paramedic program. It is located in Morristown. 84 students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from Walters State Community College in 2010. Tuition at Walters State Community College was $3,101 per year.
Northeast State Community College, which was ranked 83rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a paramedic program. It is located in Blountville. In 2010, Northeast State Community College graduated 20 students from its paramedic program. The tuition rate at Northeast State Community College was $3,114 per year.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee with a paramedic program is Roane State Community College, which is located in Harriman. In 2010, it was ranked 83rd nationwide. In 2010, Roane State Community College graduated 11 students from its paramedic programs. Roane State Community College charged in-state students $3,113 in tuition fees per year.
Paramedic schools in Tennessee, charge students an average tuition of $3,134 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $3,290 per year, or as little as $3,073 per year. In 2010, the following Tennessee paramedic schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Chattanooga State Community College - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $3,290 per year
- Jackson State Community College - located in Jackson, students are charged $3,193 per year
- Southwest Tennessee Community College - located in Memphis, students are charged $3,117 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Tennessee paramedic schools were charged at the following schools:
- Columbia State Community College - located in Columbia, students are charged $3,073 per year
- Volunteer State Community College - located in Gallatin, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Cleveland State Community College - located in Cleveland, students are charged $3,101 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paramedic school in Tennessee go on to work as a paramedic. 7,000 paramedics were working in Tennessee in 2010. In Tennessee, the largest numbers of paramedics work in the following counties:
- Cannon County - 1,560 paramedics
- Crittenden County - 1,320 paramedics
- Anderson County - 1,120 paramedics
The government projects that by 2018, the number of paramedics in the state of Tennessee will grow to 6,630. This would require a 10% growth in the profession.
On average, a paramedic earns a salary of $31,640 per year in Tennessee state. However, this number is only an average. paramedics in Tennessee had varying salaries from $18,010 to $51,490 per year in 2010. The following counties in Tennessee have the highest average salaries for paramedics:
- Crittenden County - $35,930 per year
- Cannon County - $34,000 per year
- Benton County - $33,550 per year
A paramedic in the following counties in Tennessee make the lowest salaries on average:
- Christian County - $26,260 per year
- Bedford County - $27,010 per year
- Hawkins County - $27,430 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in paramedic training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Tennessee
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Tennessee
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||7,000||$31,640||24.3%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||100||$25,120||-65.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Tennessee