There are schools offering personal training certifications in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Tennessee
Each year, approximately 0.0% of Tennessee graduates receive degrees in personal training. That means an estimated 46 personal trainers graduate from Tennessee's 11 personal training schools each year.
Cumberland University, which was ranked 49th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a personal training program. It is located in Lebanon. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Cumberland University's personal training program. Tuition at Cumberland University was $18,256 per year.
Union University, which is located in Jackson, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Union University graduated 8 students from its personal training program. Union University charged in-state students $22,390 in tuition fees per year.
Middle Tennessee State University, which is located in Murfreesboro, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Middle Tennessee State University personal training program. Tuition at Middle Tennessee State University was $6,298 per year.
Personal training schools in Tennessee, charge students an average tuition of $16,215 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $22,908 per year, or as little as $6,062 per year. The Tennessee personal training schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- King College - located in Bristol, students are charged $22,908 per year
- Union University - located in Jackson, students are charged $22,390 per year
- Carson-Newman College - located in Jefferson City, students are charged $20,562 per year
The personal training schools in Tennessee that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $6,062 per year
- Middle Tennessee State University - located in Murfreesboro, students are charged $6,298 per year
- Lee University - located in Cleveland, students are charged $12,220 per year
A personal training degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from personal training school in Tennessee go on to work as a personal trainer. In 2010, there were 3,460 personal trainers working in Tennessee. The Tennessee counties with the largest populations of personal trainers are:
- Anderson County - 1,370 personal trainers
- Cannon County - 740 personal trainers
- Crittenden County - 580 personal trainers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of personal trainers in the state of Tennessee will grow to 4,350. This would require a 31% growth in the profession.
A personal trainer in Tennessee makes an average of $26,370 per year. However, Tennessee personal trainers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,400 per year to more than $57,350 per year in 2010. A personal trainer in the following Tennessee counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Catoosa County - $33,250 per year
- Carter County - $33,210 per year
- Chester County - $33,160 per year
The following counties in Tennessee have the lowest average salaries for personal trainers:
- Bledsoe County - $20,620 per year
- Anderson County - $21,800 per year
- Bedford County - $22,510 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in personal training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Tennessee
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in Tennessee
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||3,460||$26,370||16.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Tennessee