There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Tennessee
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Tennessee receive pharmacy technician training certificates every year. Thus, Tennessee's 20 pharmacy technician schools put out approximately 381 pharmacy technicians each year.
Concorde Career College, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a pharmacy technician program. It is located in Memphis. 89 students graduated with a certificate in pharmacy technician from Concorde Career College in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Tennessee with a pharmacy technician program is Tennessee Technology Center at Murfreesboro, which is located in Murfreesboro. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. 11 students graduated with certificate in pharmacy technician from Tennessee Technology Center at Murfreesboro in 2010.
Medvance Institute-Cookeville, which is located in Cookeville, is the third-ranked school in Tennessee that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Medvance Institute-Cookeville graduated 48 students from its pharmacy technician programs. Medvance Institute-Cookeville charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Tennessee's pharmacy technician schools ranges from $16,500 per year to $3,101 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,897 per year. In 2010, the following Tennessee pharmacy technician schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Virginia College-School of Business and Health - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $16,500 per year
- Daymar Institute-Murfreesboro - located in Murfreesboro, students are charged $15,120 per year
- Daymar Institute - located in Nashville, students are charged $15,030 per year
The pharmacy technician schools in Tennessee that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Walters State Community College - located in Morristown, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Roane State Community College - located in Harriman, students are charged $3,113 per year
- Southwest Tennessee Community College - located in Memphis, students are charged $3,117 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a Tennessee school... what next?
Most people who graduate from pharmacy technician school in Tennessee go on to work as a pharmacy technician. Tennessee had 10,130 pharmacy technicians in 2010. The largest populations of Tennessee pharmacy technicians are working in the following counties:
- Crittenden County - 2,420 pharmacy technicians
- Cannon County - 2,330 pharmacy technicians
- Anderson County - 1,360 pharmacy technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of pharmacy technicians in the state of Tennessee will grow to 10,480. This would require a 18% growth in the profession.
On average, a pharmacy technician earns a salary of $27,530 per year in Tennessee state. In 2010, however, some Tennessee pharmacy technicians earned as little as less than $17,400 per year or as much as more than $39,550 per year. On average a pharmacy technician earns the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Cannon County - $30,230 per year
- Christian County - $29,110 per year
- Crittenden County - $28,420 per year
The Tennessee counties with the lowest average salary for pharmacy technicians are:
- Bledsoe County - $24,180 per year
- Campbell County - $24,570 per year
- Catoosa County - $24,850 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in pharmacy technician training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or physician assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Tennessee
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Tennessee
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Tennessee