There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Tennessee
Each year, roughly 0.3% of Tennessee students graduate with degrees in radiology. In other words, every year an estimated 475 radiology technicians graduate from Tennessee's 12 radiology technician schools.
Medvance Institute-Cookeville, which is located in Cookeville, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a radiology technician program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Medvance Institute-Cookeville graduated 18 students from its radiology technician program.
Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences, which was ranked 80th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Memphis. 24 students graduated with degree in radiology technician from Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences in 2010. The tuition rate at Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences was $10,270 per year.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee with a radiology technician program is South College, which is located in Knoxville. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. 33 students graduated with degree in radiology technician from South College in 2010. Tuition at South College was $16,500 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Tennessee's radiology technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,805 per year, though tuition can range from $16,500 per year to $3,073 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Tennessee radiology technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- South College - located in Knoxville, students are charged $16,500 per year
- Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences - located in Memphis, students are charged $10,270 per year
- Chattanooga State Community College - located in Chattanooga, students are charged $3,290 per year
The radiology technician schools in Tennessee that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Columbia State Community College - located in Columbia, students are charged $3,073 per year
- Volunteer State Community College - located in Gallatin, students are charged $3,101 per year
- Roane State Community College - located in Harriman, students are charged $3,113 per year
A radiology technician degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
The highest percentage of radiology technician graduates in Tennessee pursue careers as a radiology technician. If you decide to work as a radiology technician in Tennessee, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,950 Tennessee radiology technicians as of 2010. The Tennessee counties with the largest populations of radiology technicians are:
- Crittenden County - 1,350 radiology technicians
- Cannon County - 1,320 radiology technicians
- Anderson County - 880 radiology technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of radiology technicians in the state of Tennessee will grow to 5,950. This would require a 6% growth in the profession.
On average, a radiology technician earns a salary of $49,060 per year in Tennessee state. On average a radiology technician earns the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Crittenden County - $52,500 per year
- Catoosa County - $52,440 per year
- Cannon County - $50,070 per year
On average, radiology technicians earns the least in the following Tennessee counties:
- Benton County - $41,410 per year
- Campbell County - $43,030 per year
- Bedford County - $45,710 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in radiology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Tennessee
- Certificate in Radiology in Tennessee
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||4,120||$214,750|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Tennessee