There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Tennessee!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Tennessee
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Tennessee receive visual communications degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 329 visual communications professionals graduate from Tennessee's 27 visual communications schools.
Milligan College, which was ranked 37th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Tennessee that has a visual communications program. It is located in Milligan College. In 2010, Milligan College graduated 7 students from its visual communications program. Tuition at Milligan College was $23,520 per year.
Visible School-Music and Worships Arts College, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Tennessee that has a visual communications program. It is located in Memphis. 3 students graduated with degree in visual communications from Visible School-Music and Worships Arts College in 2010. Tuition at Visible School-Music and Worships Arts College was $17,400 per year.
The third-ranked school in Tennessee with a visual communications program is O'More College of Design, which is located in Franklin. In 2010, it was ranked 60th nationwide. In 2010, 3 students graduated from O'More College of Design visual communications program. The tuition rate at O'More College of Design was $21,900 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Tennessee's visual communications schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,342 per year, though tuition can range from $23,950 per year to $3,057 per year. In 2010, the following Tennessee visual communications schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Memphis College of Art - located in Memphis, students are charged $23,950 per year
- Belmont University - located in Nashville, students are charged $23,680 per year
- Milligan College - located in Milligan College, students are charged $23,520 per year
The following Tennessee visual communications schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Nashville State Community College - located in Nashville, students are charged $3,057 per year
- Southwest Tennessee Community College - located in Memphis, students are charged $3,117 per year
- Pellissippi State Community College - located in Knoxville, students are charged $3,130 per year
A visual communications degree from a Tennessee school... what next?
visual communications graduates in Tennessee can go into a variety of professions such as video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. In 2010, there were 3,980 visual communications professional working in Tennessee, including 2,970 graphic designers, 280 video editors, and 730 audio visual technicians. The Tennessee counties with the largest populations of visual communications professional are:
- Cannon County - 1,700 visual communications professionals
- Crittenden County - 700 visual communications professionals
- Anderson County - 400 visual communications professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 6,230 visual communications professionals will be working in Tennessee. This would require the number of visual communications professional to grow by 4%.
visual communications professionals in Tennessee earn $45,570 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Tennessee visual communications professional earned as little as less than $16,150 per year or as much as more than $135,280 per year. On average visual communications professional earn the most in the following Tennessee counties:
- Cannon County - $47,760 per year
- Anderson County - $44,053 per year
- Campbell County - $42,370 per year
The Tennessee counties with the lowest average salary for visual communications professionals are:
- Benton County - $27,310 per year
- Grainger County - $27,440 per year
- Hawkins County - $31,370 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in Tennessee were:
- Video Editor - $54,830 per year
- Artist - $51,280 per year
- Graphic Designer - $39,350 per year
The visual communications professionals with lowest average salaries in Tennessee were:
- Graphic Designer - $39,350 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $36,820 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Tennessee statistics regarding a career in visual communications and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Tennessee
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Tennessee
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Tennessee
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Tennessee
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||n/a||$51,280|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||730||$36,820||7.4%|
|Film and Video Editors||280||$54,830||3.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Tennessee