There are schools offering accounting degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a accounting program is The University of Texas at Austin. The University of Texas at Austin, which was ranked 11th in the country in 2010, is located in Austin. 543 students graduated with a degree in accounting from The University of Texas at Austin in 2010. The University of Texas at Austin charged in-state students $9,418 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas that has a accounting program is Texas A & M University. Texas A & M University, which was ranked 15th in the country in 2010, is located in College Station. In 2010, Texas A & M University graduated 454 students from its accounting program. Tuition at Texas A & M University was $8,387 per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a accounting program is Texas Christian University, which is located in Fort Worth. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. 99 students graduated with degree in accounting from Texas Christian University in 2010. Texas Christian University charged in-state students $30,090 in tuition fees per year.
Accounting schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $7,848 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $37,230 per year, or as little as $1,007 per year. In 2010, the following Texas accounting schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Southern Methodist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $37,230 per year
- Southwestern University - located in Georgetown, students are charged $31,630 per year
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
- Grayson County College - located in Denison, students are charged $1,128 per year
An accounting degree from a Texas school... what next?
The highest percentage of accounting graduates in Texas pursue careers as an accountant. In 2010, there were 81,210 accountants working in Texas. In Texas, the largest numbers of accountants work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 22,540 accountants
- Collin County - 20,600 accountants
- Bastrop County - 8,730 accountants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of accountants is expected to grow by 25% by 2018. There are projected to be 120,340 accountants working in the Texas then.
On average, an accountant earns a salary of $68,090 per year in Texas state. But, salaries for accountants can vary. In 2010, accountants made as little as less than $27,820 per year or as much as more than $135,550 per year in Texas. On average an accountant earns the most in the following Texas counties:
- Cameron County - $72,930 per year
- Johnson County - $72,320 per year
- Austin County - $71,930 per year
On average, accountants earns the least in the following Texas counties:
- Hidalgo County - $48,580 per year
- Brewster County - $50,120 per year
- Grayson County - $50,550 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in accounting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Texas
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Accounting in Texas
- Certificate in Accounting in Texas
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||124,620||$34,520||-2.1%|
|Accountants and Auditors||81,210||$68,090||4.3%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||41,680||$31,560||12.3%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||14,440||$35,110||2.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Texas