There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in Texas!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in Texas
Each year, approximately 0.3% of Texas graduates receive certificates in administrative assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 1,743 administrative assistants graduate from Texas' 99 administrative assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a administrative assistant program is Computer Career Center a division of Vista College. Computer Career Center a division of Vista College, which was ranked 65th in the country in 2010, is located in El Paso. In 2010, 28 students graduated from Computer Career Center a division of Vista College's administrative assistant program. Tuition at Computer Career Center a division of Vista College was $18,563 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas that has a administrative assistant program is American Commercial College. American Commercial College, which was ranked 66th in the country in 2010, is located in Lubbock. 23 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from American Commercial College in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Texas that has a administrative assistant program is Southern Careers Institute Inc-San Antonio. Southern Careers Institute Inc-San Antonio, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in San Antonio. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Southern Careers Institute Inc-San Antonio administrative assistant program. Students at Southern Careers Institute Inc-San Antonio paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Texas' administrative assistant schools ranges from $19,368 per year to $1,007 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,085 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Central Texas Commercial College - located in Dallas, students are charged $19,368 per year
- Computer Career Center a division of Vista College - located in El Paso, students are charged $18,563 per year
- Career Point College - located in San Antonio, students are charged $17,918 per year
The following Texas administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Collin County Community College District - located in McKinney, students are charged $1,024 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from administrative assistant school in Texas go on to work as an administrative assistant. In 2010, there were 93,100 administrative assistants working in Texas. In Texas, the largest numbers of administrative assistants work in the following counties:
- Austin County - 25,180 administrative assistants
- Collin County - 19,410 administrative assistants
- Bastrop County - 12,180 administrative assistants
The government projects that the number of administrative assistants in Texas will grow by 16%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 139,920 administrative assistants working in Texas.
On average, an administrative assistant earns a salary of $45,380 per year in Texas state. But, salaries for administrative assistants can vary. In 2010, administrative assistants made as little as less than $21,420 per year or as much as more than $70,430 per year in Texas. On average an administrative assistant earns the most in the following Texas counties:
- Bastrop County - $49,180 per year
- Austin County - $47,460 per year
- Collin County - $47,200 per year
The following counties in Texas have the lowest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Bell County - $35,770 per year
- Miller County - $36,750 per year
- Anderson County - $38,220 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in Texas
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in Texas
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||247,900||$28,090||31.6%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||163,270||$29,220||4.1%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||93,100||$45,380||-30.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in Texas