There are schools offering audio engineering programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Audio Engineering Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas with a audio engineering program is The University of Texas at Austin, which is located in Austin. In 2010, it was ranked 11th nationwide. 1 students graduated with a degree in audio engineering from The University of Texas at Austin in 2010. Students at The University of Texas at Austin paid $9,418 per year in tuition fees.
Texas State University-San Marcos, which is located in San Marcos, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a audio engineering program. It received a ranking of 31st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Texas State University-San Marcos graduated 6 students from its audio engineering program. Students at Texas State University-San Marcos paid $6,458 per year in tuition fees.
Texas Southern University, which was ranked 31st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a audio engineering program. It is located in Houston. In 2010, Texas Southern University graduated 3 students from its audio engineering programs. The tuition rate at Texas Southern University was $7,360 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Texas' audio engineering schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,349 per year, though tuition can range from $17,568 per year to $1,086 per year. In 2010, the following Texas audio engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- The Art Institute of Austin - located in Austin, students are charged $17,568 per year
- The University of Texas at Austin - located in Austin, students are charged $9,418 per year
- Texas Southern University - located in Houston, students are charged $7,360 per year
The following Texas audio engineering schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
- Tarrant County College District - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $1,200 per year
- North Lake College - located in Irving, students are charged $1,230 per year
An audio engineering degree from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from audio engineering school in Texas go on to work as an audio engineer. Texas had 590 audio engineers in 2010. The largest populations of Texas audio engineers are working in the following counties:
- Collin County - 130 audio engineers
- Austin County - 110 audio engineers
- Bastrop County - 110 audio engineers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of audio engineers in the state of Texas will grow to 680. This would require a 14% growth in the profession.
An audio engineer in Texas earns $38,330 per year on average. But, salaries for audio engineers can vary. In 2010, audio engineers made as little as less than $16,210 per year or as much as more than $109,200 per year in Texas. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for an audio engineer are:
- Collin County - $49,260 per year
- Bastrop County - $36,660 per year
- Johnson County - $35,000 per year
The following counties in Texas have the lowest average salaries for audio engineers:
- Atascosa County - $30,920 per year
- Austin County - $31,650 per year
- Johnson County - $35,000 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in audio engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as audio engineering or audio production.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Audio Engineering in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio Engineering in Texas
- Certificate in Audio Engineering in Texas
Curious what studying Audio Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||2,540||$39,430||-4.2%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||590||$38,330||7.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are audio engineering related jobs in Texas