There are schools offering audio production programs in Texas!
Schools Offering Audio Production Programs in Texas
The top-ranked school in Texas that has a audio production program is The University of Texas at Austin. The University of Texas at Austin, which was ranked 11th in the country in 2010, is located in Austin. In 2010, The University of Texas at Austin graduated 320 students from its audio production program. The tuition rate at The University of Texas at Austin was $9,418 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a audio production program is Texas Christian University, which is located in Fort Worth. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, 52 students graduated from Texas Christian University audio production program. Students at Texas Christian University paid $30,090 per year in tuition fees.
Texas Tech University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a audio production program. It is located in Lubbock. 51 students graduated with degree in audio production from Texas Tech University in 2010. Texas Tech University charged in-state students $6,970 in tuition fees per year.
Audio production schools in Texas, charge students an average tuition of $8,221 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,090 per year, or as little as $1,086 per year. In 2010, the audio production schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Texas were:
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- University of the Incarnate Word - located in San Antonio, students are charged $21,890 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas audio production schools were charged at the following schools:
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
- Paris Junior College - located in Paris, students are charged $1,164 per year
- Lone Star College System - located in Spring, students are charged $1,200 per year
An audio production degree from a Texas school... what next?
A large number of Texas audio production graduates become audio producers. 2,540 audio producers were working in Texas in 2010. The largest populations of Texas audio producers are working in the following counties:
- Collin County - 690 audio producers
- Austin County - 540 audio producers
- Bastrop County - 400 audio producers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of audio producers is expected to grow by 17% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,010 audio producers working in the Texas then.
On average, an audio producer earns a salary of $39,430 per year in Texas state. But, salaries for audio producers can vary. In 2010, audio producers made as little as less than $17,060 per year or as much as more than $72,610 per year in Texas. The following counties in Texas have the highest average salaries for audio producers:
- Johnson County - $47,440 per year
- Collin County - $44,910 per year
- Brazos County - $39,750 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for audio producers are:
- Hidalgo County - $29,540 per year
- Atascosa County - $34,510 per year
- El Paso County - $34,570 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in audio production. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as audio production or music production.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Audio Production in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio Production in Texas
- Master's Degree in Audio Production in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Audio Production in Texas
- Certificate in Audio Production in Texas
Curious what studying Audio Production gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||2,540||$39,430||-4.2%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||590||$38,330||7.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are audio production related jobs in Texas