There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in Texas!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in Texas
Saint Edward's University, which was ranked 34th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Austin. no students graduated with a certificate in bookkeeping from Saint Edward's University in 2010. The tuition rate at Saint Edward's University was $26,484 per year.
The second-ranked school in Texas with a bookkeeping program is American Commercial College, which is located in Lubbock. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. 17 students graduated with certificate in bookkeeping from American Commercial College in 2010.
CCI Training Center, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Arlington. In 2010, 25 students graduated from CCI Training Center bookkeeping program. Students at CCI Training Center paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Texas' bookkeeping schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,994 per year, though tuition can range from $26,484 per year to $1,007 per year. The Texas bookkeeping schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Saint Edward's University - located in Austin, students are charged $26,484 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-San Antonio - located in San Antonio, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Richardson - located in Richardson, students are charged $18,048 per year
The bookkeeping schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
- Grayson County College - located in Denison, students are charged $1,128 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from bookkeeping school in Texas go on to work as a bookkeeping clerk. In 2010, there were 124,620 bookkeeping clerks working in Texas. The largest populations of Texas bookkeeping clerks are working in the following counties:
- Austin County - 30,550 bookkeeping clerks
- Collin County - 27,400 bookkeeping clerks
- Bastrop County - 9,420 bookkeeping clerks
The government projects that by 2018, the number of bookkeeping clerks in the state of Texas will grow to 163,940. This would require a 14% growth in the profession.
A bookkeeping clerk in Texas earns $34,520 per year on average. However, Texas bookkeeping clerks earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,800 per year to more than $56,180 per year in 2010. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for a bookkeeping clerk are:
- Bastrop County - $37,990 per year
- Austin County - $36,860 per year
- Collin County - $36,840 per year
On average, bookkeeping clerks earns the least in the following Texas counties:
- Webb County - $26,280 per year
- Brewster County - $26,660 per year
- Hidalgo County - $27,330 per year
For more data regarding a career in bookkeeping in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in Texas
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in Texas
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||124,620||$34,520||-2.1%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||41,680||$31,560||12.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in Texas