There are schools offering business administration degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Texas
Each year, approximately 3.2% of Texas graduates receive degrees in business administration. That means an estimated 17,650 general managers graduate from Texas' 157 business administration schools each year.
The University of Texas at Austin, which was ranked 11th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Texas that has a business administration program. It is located in Austin. In 2010, 758 students graduated from The University of Texas at Austin's business administration program. The University of Texas at Austin charged in-state students $9,418 in tuition fees per year.
Rice University, which is located in Houston, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. 296 students graduated with degree in business administration from Rice University in 2010. Tuition at Rice University was $33,771 per year.
The third-ranked school in Texas with a business administration program is Texas A & M University, which is located in College Station. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. In 2010, Texas A & M University graduated 479 students from its business administration programs. Texas A & M University charged in-state students $8,387 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Texas' business administration schools ranges from $37,230 per year to $1,007 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,172 per year. The Texas business administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Southern Methodist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $37,230 per year
- Rice University - located in Houston, students are charged $33,771 per year
- Texas Christian University - located in Fort Worth, students are charged $30,090 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- College of the Mainland - located in Texas City, students are charged $1,007 per year
- Collin County Community College District - located in McKinney, students are charged $1,024 per year
- Lee College - located in Baytown, students are charged $1,086 per year
A business administration degree from a Texas school... what next?
Most people who graduate from business administration school in Texas go on to work as a general manager. Texas had 155,180 general managers in 2010. The largest populations of Texas general managers are working in the following counties:
- Austin County - 42,780 general managers
- Collin County - 35,210 general managers
- Johnson County - 11,950 general managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of general managers in the state of Texas will grow to 159,070. This would require a 3% growth in the profession.
A general manager in Texas makes an average of $111,110 per year. In 2010, however, some Texas general managers earned as little as less than $19,420 per year or as much as more than $166,090 per year. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for a general manager are:
- Collin County - $123,850 per year
- Austin County - $119,730 per year
- Bastrop County - $114,560 per year
The Texas counties with the lowest average salary for general managers are:
- Bell County - $78,680 per year
- Brewster County - $81,070 per year
- Cooke County - $81,660 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Texas statistics regarding a career in business administration. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Texas
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Texas
- Certificate in Business Administration in Texas
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||155,180||$111,110||-3.0%|
|Administrative Services Managers||23,960||$86,290||2.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Texas