There are schools offering clinical psychology degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Clinical Psychology Programs in Texas
Each year, approximately 0.0% of Texas graduates receive degrees in clinical psychology. That means an estimated 168 clinical psychologists graduate from Texas' 17 clinical psychology schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Texas with a clinical psychology program is The University of Texas at Austin, which is located in Austin. In 2010, it was ranked 11th nationwide. In 2010, The University of Texas at Austin graduated 5 students from its clinical psychology program. The University of Texas at Austin charged in-state students $9,418 in tuition fees per year.
Texas Tech University, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a clinical psychology program. It is located in Lubbock. 7 students graduated with degree in clinical psychology from Texas Tech University in 2010. The tuition rate at Texas Tech University was $6,970 per year.
St Marys University, which is located in San Antonio, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a clinical psychology program. It received a ranking of 40th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 4 students graduated from St Marys University clinical psychology program. St Marys University charged in-state students $22,576 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Texas clinical psychology school, average tuition will be $11,759 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,795 per year to $37,230 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Texas clinical psychology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Southern Methodist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $37,230 per year
- Baylor University - located in Waco, students are charged $29,884 per year
- Abilene Christian University - located in Abilene, students are charged $22,760 per year
The clinical psychology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Texas were:
- The University of Texas-Pan American - located in Edinburg, students are charged $4,795 per year
- The University of Texas of the Permian Basin - located in Odessa, students are charged $4,900 per year
- Sam Houston State University - located in Huntsville, students are charged $5,704 per year
A clinical psychology degree from a Texas school... what next?
The highest percentage of clinical psychology graduates in Texas pursue careers as a clinical psychologist. If you decide to work as a clinical psychologist in Texas, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,710 Texas clinical psychologists as of 2010. The largest populations of Texas clinical psychologists are working in the following counties:
- Austin County - 1,180 clinical psychologists
- Collin County - 1,030 clinical psychologists
- Bastrop County - 620 clinical psychologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of clinical psychologists in the state of Texas will grow to 9,690. This would require a 21% growth in the profession.
On average, a clinical psychologist earns a salary of $64,510 per year in Texas state. But, salaries for clinical psychologists can vary. In 2010, clinical psychologists made as little as less than $25,260 per year or as much as more than $123,150 per year in Texas. The following counties in Texas have the highest average salaries for clinical psychologists:
- Johnson County - $86,840 per year
- El Paso County - $77,530 per year
- Hidalgo County - $74,570 per year
On average, clinical psychologists earns the least in the following Texas counties:
- Brazos County - $41,830 per year
- McLennan County - $46,970 per year
- Cameron County - $48,860 per year
For more data regarding a career in clinical psychology in Texas and to compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or sports psychology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology in Texas
Curious what studying Clinical Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||5,710||$64,510||22.5%|
|Mental Health Counselors||4,040||$37,930||109.3%|
|Marriage and Family Therapists||680||$48,970||172.0%|
|Psychologists, All Other||570||$82,460||78.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are clinical psychology related jobs in Texas