There are schools offering computer engineering degrees in Texas!
Schools Offering Computer Engineering Programs in Texas
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Texas receive computer engineering degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 604 computer engineers graduate from Texas' 23 computer engineering schools.
The top-ranked school in Texas with a computer engineering program is Texas A & M University, which is located in College Station. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. 98 students graduated with a degree in computer engineering from Texas A & M University in 2010. Tuition at Texas A & M University was $8,387 per year.
Texas Tech University, which is located in Lubbock, is the second-ranked school in Texas that has a computer engineering program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Texas Tech University graduated 13 students from its computer engineering program. The tuition rate at Texas Tech University was $6,970 per year.
The University of Texas at Dallas, which is located in Richardson, is the third-ranked school in Texas that has a computer engineering program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. 110 students graduated with degree in computer engineering from The University of Texas at Dallas in 2010. Tuition at The University of Texas at Dallas was $9,886 per year.
If you choose to attend a Texas computer engineering school, average tuition will be $8,515 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,394 per year to $37,230 per year. In 2010, the following Texas computer engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Southern Methodist University - located in Dallas, students are charged $37,230 per year
- St Marys University - located in San Antonio, students are charged $22,576 per year
- LeTourneau University - located in Longview, students are charged $21,980 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Texas computer engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Houston Community College - located in Houston, students are charged $1,394 per year
- Amarillo College - located in Amarillo, students are charged $1,506 per year
- Trinity Valley Community College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,600 per year
A computer engineering degree from a Texas school... what next?
The highest percentage of computer engineering graduates in Texas pursue careers as a computer engineer. 5,140 computer engineers were working in Texas in 2010. The Texas counties with the largest populations of computer engineers are:
- Bastrop County - 1,560 computer engineers
- Austin County - 1,540 computer engineers
- Collin County - 1,130 computer engineers
The government projects that the number of computer engineers in Texas will grow by 1%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,300 computer engineers working in Texas.
A computer engineer in Texas earns $95,650 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. computer engineers in Texas had varying salaries from $54,320 to $148,850 per year in 2010. The counties in Texas with the highest average salary for a computer engineer are:
- El Paso County - $121,610 per year
- Collin County - $101,570 per year
- Bastrop County - $99,870 per year
On average, computer engineers earns the least in the following Texas counties:
- Austin County - $89,570 per year
- Atascosa County - $91,350 per year
- Johnson County - $97,190 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Texas statistics regarding a career in computer engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as software engineering or electrical engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Engineering in Texas
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering in Texas
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering in Texas
- Doctoral Degree in Computer Engineering in Texas
- Certificate in Computer Engineering in Texas
Curious what studying Computer Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Texas
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||5,140||$95,650||-7.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer engineering related jobs in Texas